Women: sport panties

Options
2»

Replies

• nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've found a selection of these on sale at Marshalls before: http://www.newbalance.com/women/accessories/active-underwear-1/
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Are you sure you want cotton? Cotton is usually the last thing you want to wear if you're going to be sweating.

Personally, I just wear my usual Commando (the brand name) underwear. They stay put as long as I adjust after pulling on my compression shorts. No underwear would stay in the right spot while pulling those on.

I bought a pair of UnderArmour underwear - not the thongs, I've never been able to adjust to those - but kind of a boyshort style and I don't like them. The fabric is just not comfortable.

I was gonna say ditch the cotton too. I have no idea why so many companies use a moisure-holding, blister-inducing material in sensitive areas.. I prefer the Gilligan-O'Malley (a Target brand) turned inside out so the seams and cotton gusset aren't against my skin.

FYI these: https://www.target.com/p/women-s-seamless-bonded-micro-bikini-gilligan-o-malley-153/-/A-14261713#preselect=51778031 (smooth frictionless material; there is a seam on the sides but not the legs or waist and a cotton gusset - I always wear them inside out to avoid both)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    v string by victorias secret

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    nicruns wrote: »
    I've found a selection of these on sale at Marshalls before: http://www.newbalance.com/women/accessories/active-underwear-1/

I like those ones too
  • Strong_Savannah
    Strong_Savannah Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I quit wearing panties under my workout tights/compression pants and have never went back! Literally life changing. They all have a gusset in them anyway, so I'm pretty sure they are intended to be worn with nothing underneath.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stay away from cotton. I like Jockey seamless. Great for sweaty running. Commando would leave me chafing. As would thongs.
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My motto is the best way to keep your drawers in place during a workout is to leave them in the drawer.
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Side note... period time... Thinx!!!! They make period sport panties that you can wear without a pad/tampon! Woo-hoo!! No more chafing in the worst places ever. B)
  • Locolady98
    Options
    an0nemus wrote: »
    Best. Thread. Ever.

We aim to please.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Locolady98 wrote: »
    Side note... period time... Thinx!!!! They make period sport panties that you can wear without a pad/tampon! Woo-hoo!! No more chafing in the worst places ever. B)

I just ordered a pair of these. Heavy deadlifts = leakage. Hoping these are the solution.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

I keep seeing these advertised on Facebook. How do they work?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I just ordered a pair of these. Heavy deadlifts = leakage. Hoping these are the solution.

Period leak or urine? Supposedly wearing a tampon is supposed to help with urine
  • Locolady98
    edited July 2017
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I keep seeing these advertised on Facebook. How do they work?

They have ... don't know how to explain it exactly... kind of a padded area in the crotch. Like normal panties, but the crotch is a bit thicker, but not so thick that you actually notice it at all while wearing them.

So, it's basically a built-in pad, and they're totally washable. They recommend hand rinsing before putting them in the washer - I'd say up to you/use your judgement on that. They also recommend drip drying. I did that at first, and then forgot a couple of times, and they actually came out of the dryer (medium high heat) just fine. This means they ended up being very low-maintenance for me, and an extremely easy solution to a very long-term problem... how to work out during my period without chafing or getting messy.

Oh - and the ones I bought are black. They come in 2 colors, I think - black or tan. I chose black, because then I don't worry at all about staining.