Measured 1 serving Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Yeah. I don't eat cereal. The only one I'll get is Fiber One. 60 calories per serving and I put it in Greek yogurt. I usually have to get it out of the house though. I'm so not used to cereal that I get bingey with it.
    I have my Fiber One every day with a Greek yogurt. I get grumpy if I have to go a day without it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I don't eat cereal. The only one I'll get is Fiber One. 60 calories per serving and I put it in Greek yogurt. I usually have to get it out of the house though. I'm so not used to cereal that I get bingey with it.
    I have my Fiber One every day with a Greek yogurt. I get grumpy if I have to go a day without it.

I ate that after going to the GI doc and trying to get off my meds. No meds needed if you include that in your diet lol.

It's funny how sweet it tastes when you don't eat a lot of sugary cereals on the reg. I think I lot of people would find it bland.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I only get the high fiber cereals. It's about 80 calories for 30 grams which isn't a lot. And I pair it with yogurt or fruit.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Enjcg5 wrote: »
    I only get the high fiber cereals. It's about 80 calories for 30 grams which isn't a lot. And I pair it with yogurt or fruit.

Well, maybe I'll try fiber one or something. 60 cal per serving vs 120 cal for a serving (when I don't really have a problem getting my protein requirement in every day) sounds a lot better.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Same here, greek yogurt with the fiber one cereal is ahhhmazing <3
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've never really been a fan of sweetened cereals for breakfast, even as a kid. I eat them and I have hunger pangs an hour later. I do have a handful of varieties I do like though and usually eat them as snacks, by hand.

Cheerios mixed with yogurt and strawberries is pretty good for breakfast though! I may have to try some of the other recommendations above too.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal, but mostly with Greek yogurt.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I eat one serving of cold cereal. I did not grow up with it so when I first decided to try it (as an adult) I looked at the box for serving suggestions and just ate that. Because I was not exposed to a bigger serving, 1 serving felt like the norm. Not exactly filling, but normal.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How puffed cereal is made.

https://youtu.be/x-OcDq0qkJM
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How puffed cereal is made.

https://youtu.be/x-OcDq0qkJM
    That reminds me of Willy Wonka
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I eat it with yogurt and peanut butter for a snack, so one serving is perfect for me!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Me, but I eat it dry as a snack.

I do this^

Small Glad or Zip-Lock containers......yep, really sad.

Look for "puffy" cereals. Less sugar; fewer calories. I like Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, but I get a bigger serving if I mix it with half plain Cheerios.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    Speaking of cereal, the only one I buy for myself is Special K Protein (original). One serving has 10 g protein for 120 cal. I use it for filler and crunch in my yogurt. If anyone knows of a higher protein cereal with roughly the same amount of calories, please tell me. Other than that I just buy plain Cheerios for my kids. Those just don't tempt me like Cap'n Crunch. ;)

Kashi Go Lean (original) has great protein and fiber numbers. I mix that with Greek yogurt sometimes.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    When I eat Captain Crunch I measure it out. It's close to the same calories as Original Cheerios, but with a lot more sugar. But I still eat it...it's kind of like my dessert.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    cold cereal was such a surprise because I used to eat 2 huge bowls sometimes...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did 1.5 servings of vanilla/almond special k at night - it's not a huge bowl but it hits the spot for a late night snack

Did you ever try that Special K Dark Chocolate one? It's a good idea in theory... but I tried it once and it's regular flakes and then dark chocolate chips. The chips just sink straight to the bottom and you can't find them until you're done.

I haven't - what I like about the vanilla/almond is that the flakes are bigger and have taste (plus they keep their crunch)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I get Cheerios and Corn Flakes for the kids, but they just leave me hungry, no matter how much I eat. I get my cold cereal fix from occasional overnight oats (rolled oats, milk, blueberries -- eaten cold after soaking in the fridge overnight).
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think I lived on cereal for most of college....
    That being said, the serving size will be bigger is it isn't a super sugary cereal like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
    I let my kids eat cereal for breakfast a few times a week, but I won't let them pick a cereal with more than 9g of sugar per serving. Usually I get them ones that are under 5g (cheerios, kix, chex). I'm trying to get them into better habits early so it's not so hard to eat healthier as they get older!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I only buy Special K protein now. On the rare occasion that I get a taste for cereal I will eat a serving of that or maybe a serving and a half. It works well for my cereal craving.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I like the kashi go lean original and post blueberry mornings. Usually about a serving and a half with almond milk