At what time do you workout?

Options

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I try to leave the house for 9:30 but I'm usually at the gym closer to 10am. (I go after I get home from work around 8am).
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    As long as I get my 4 sessions a week
    In, I'm not that bothered in day let alone time, just as and when really.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Early and late. Past few months I've been hitting the gym first thing for 20 mins cardio and hour or so of strength, and will do a short run or long walk or something in the evening. "Long" runs I find I do better if I'm a couple of meals into the day, rather than just after a small breakfast or whatever.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Morning, but sometimes evening. I'm a morning person, I feel most alert and energetic in the morning. Sometimes I have short deadline projects that need to be done within a few hours, so I switch sometimes I find myself exercising evening. I don't prefer it because I like to wind down and relax in the evening, but it needs to be done so I do it anyway. Afternoon is too hot in the summer so I try to avoid that as much as possible.
  • Heathenlegions
    Heathenlegions Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually anytime before 3pm... or sometimes after midnight, haha.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Anytime after 6PM. Usually around 8-10PM is when i perform best.

I can workout in the mornings, but usually only mindless cardio. Otherwise I feel tired and crappy all day, and for sure my lifting session would have sucked.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the morning, but if I have plans for the day (work or university or something else) I find I often get far too stressed due to a perceived lack of time - so evenings or after any scheduled events works best for me as I find I can just do my thing and not worry about the time.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person but if I don't get it done first thing, it'll weigh on me all day. The only hard part about it is that my knees tend to feel more sore in the morning. But then I'm more mindful of my form I suppose.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been getting it done around 6:30 before the kids wake up, sometimes I will wait till after they are up and we eat breakfast. They are toddlers and the attention span on them is short so it is harder to work out with them now. I go back to teaching in the fall so I am a little worried about finding a good routine. I will probably have to wake up around 4:30-5:00 to get it done...just hope I'm not too exhausted!
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Around 6am although I just started a running club that meets at 8pm. I'm a morning or I won't bother sort of person
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    A
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I workout whenever I can. I wish I could schedule workouts, and I manage to schedule a swim a week, either on my husband's day off or whenever I can get him to pick up the little one at daycare. I always schedule my trainer once a week, but otherwise, it's just "when I can," like walking over my lunch break, or the yoga class at lunch, or something like that.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do it in the morning and get it out of the way...like 5 or 5:30, but it doesn't always work that way. Unless I'm asleep by 11 I just can't get up that early. So, on those days I wait until my kids are in bed and work out at like 9:30 or 10 PM.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I used to (at my old gym) train in the morning, before breakfast and work. Now, since my "new" gym doesn't have showers, I train after work, before dinner. Except on the weekends, when I train in the late morning. I haven't noticed a significant difference.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person, love to start the day with a run or a swim (we were in the river at 6AM today) and as the heat of summer arrives 5AM may sound early but it's a great time for a run.

I enjoy biking any time of day and usually do strength training in the evening but that's mostly just to fit it into my schedule.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Deiends. During the school year I workout in the evening. During summer break I still tend toward evening but have more opportunities to workout in the morning.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    After work. I'm a cyclist and in the summer I alternate road and mountain biking. In the winter, when it's already dark when I get home, I throw a set of lights on my mountain bike and trail ride at night, and ride the road bike in the afternoon on the weekend.
    xandra47 wrote: »
    First thing so it's done and out of the way and I can't talk myself out of working out because "I'm too tired after work, I just want to relax" (used that one ALOT) So I wake up at 6 and do my workout at 7.

Funny, that's exactly the reason I ride after work. Getting on the bike is how I unwind at the end of the day. Plus, I am not a morning person. If I could only exercise in the morning, it simply won't get done.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Early morning or early evening.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Work days:. Cardio dvd a.m., lifting or cardio(run) p.m., work in some yoga when possible
    Weekends: usually circuits with cardio/dumbbells or a long run, yoga
    Summer: cardio first thing, lifting depends on gym schedule, lap swim on alternating days with lifting, other stuff (different videos, run, swim, etc) depending on vacations/location. But mostly I start early.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in the morning now, although I used to hate that. (I still do kind of hate it.) My schedule has changed and I need to be up and out early for family reasons, so it tends to be the best answer.