IIFYM question

Options
My fat is always high...even the blood tests from my doctor says so....but it is(dr. confirms) the good fat. (e.g., I eat a granola that is high in fat because of sunflower seeds). Is this good fat still a problem?And how can I keep my protein high when I don't eat meat...but still keep fat low (I get a lot of protein from eggs, cheese)?

Thinking I probably need to start protein shakes.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I would check with your doctor, but I suspect that your blood test shows high HDL and triglyceride levels. Healthy fats, such as those found in nuts and avocados, increase LDL levels, which are quite good for you (and, I believe, can help reduce HDL levels). I'm vegetarian, but I have no problem getting the proper amount of fat and protein (my number work out to about 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat) from non-meat sources. My diary is open if you want to poke around.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would check with your doctor, but I suspect that your blood test shows high HDL and triglyceride levels. Healthy fats, such as those found in nuts and avocados, increase LDL levels, which are quite good for you (and, I believe, can help reduce HDL levels). I'm vegetarian, but I have no problem getting the proper amount of fat and protein (my number work out to about 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat) from non-meat sources. My diary is open if you want to poke around.

Thanks! I will take a look. I am really struggling to get the fat down and keep the protein high.