Wanting to be 120 pounds

Options
13»

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was a size 2 once (5'3, 123lbs). It wasn't that great.

Aaaaaand I got more male attention (not that that matters; just an observation) at a size 8.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My hb's goal weight for me is 120. I passed it a long time ago and haven't quite reached it again. I'm more comfortable a little lower. Idk why this # is so important.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to have a realistic view of what any goal weight is going to look and feel like. My scale weighted me at 123 yesterday morning and I'm 5'3. I still have some flab on my legs/butt and a roll or two on my tummy when seated. I don't like those aspects, but it's better than where I was at a year ago. If I start lifting, gain muscle mass and the flab starts to recede, I'll be happier than I would be at any specific weight.
  • mrstruiz23
    mrstruiz23 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I want this too. Except I haven't made many efforts lately. :(

What is holding you back? Time/energy? Opportunity/place to exercise?

Maybe if you can identify your barriers you can strategize how to defeat them.

Energy was a big one for me at first...cleaning up the diet a bit and getting a couple of weeks of solid sleep really helped me out of the gate.

Now I'm just trying to keep it up...

This is key, isn't it? I can't figure out whats up with me. I know how to do this, I've lost almost 45 pounds, and I still have a bunch to go, but I can't seem to make it through a whole week anymore. Can't seem to find the motivation to workout and then I indulge in the stress snacks....then I say *kitten* it, whats the point and drink some wine and think, I'll start tomorrow. Tomorrow keeps repeating.

For me it's definitely the alcohol. I know exactly how to lose weight to. I just have to do it. And stop drinking wine every night. UGH...

Girl, me tooo... the wine is dangerous... but I loveeee it :) hehehe I'm in the same boat as you. My goal is 125
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I once weighed 120.

..... in the 3rd grade.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    120 would work for me. :-) I'm 5'4" and had stabilized at 123 for a long time before wine drinking snuck up on me and I creeped first to 130 (oh the horror of breaking that that mark!) and then 135 (eeks!). I was a 136 when I started counting. I'm at 130.4 again this morning and looking forward to breaking 130 in the other direction! I find that forcing myself to log everythng puts a natural limit on the alcohol consumption.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!! First, the pricing is total b.s. These folks tell you the garcinia is free, then charge your card $80 for it. Yes, $80! Turns out that only the first week or two is free and then they feel free to soak you. AND, if you don't notice that they have a 'subscribe' box you have to uncheck, they will ship you another bottle and charge you $80 AGAIN at the end of the month.

If you feel that you need to try it, you can buy garcinia for far less than this in WalMart. (Like, $10!) But, it doesn't really work. Even the stupid rip-off ad this person refers to needs to say "results are not typical"... which means, in rip-off ad speak, results simply do not happen in the real world.

Sad fact. There is no effortless shortcut to weight loss and/or fitness. Unless you count that lack of weight in your wallet.
    mhvrt985 wrote: »
    I feel so bad! I just read an article on this app and this mom lost 37 lbs in 4wks. She also had many many people do it and the results are just, WOW!!

1. Mix in a glass, 1-2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar with warm water.
    2. In the morning, take one slim tech garcina capsule with your drink( apple cider vinegar).
    Btw, it may cost a few bucks for the slim tech garcina but it will be free if you order tonight before midnite well besides the shipping and handling.

I wish I could have that article. I keep looking and back over everything. So I have you guys look into it. But I'm going to try it m. Weigh 139 and trying to get between 114 and 120 and I'm also 5'6"

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Garcinia? Green coffee bean extract, hoodia,.. ? These are all a bunch of BS! Do not buy these- I have wasted alot of money on these in the past. You don't need any of this to lose.
  • mrstruiz23
    mrstruiz23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    120 would work for me. :-) I'm 5'4" and had stabilized at 123 for a long time before wine drinking snuck up on me and I creeped first to 130 (oh the horror of breaking that that mark!) and then 135 (eeks!). I was a 136 when I started counting. I'm at 130.4 again this morning and looking forward to breaking 130 in the other direction! I find that forcing myself to log everythng puts a natural limit on the alcohol consumption.

Ditto!!! Looking forward to getting back to 125... I love my wine and counting totally helps watch my consumption!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I once weighed 120.

..... in the 3rd grade.

Aren't you the smart *kitten*
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I'm slowing getting to my goal
  • Motorsheen
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I once weighed 120.

..... in the 3rd grade.

Aren't you the smart *kitten*

I put the smart in smartass.

edit:

come to think of it, I reckon that I put the *kitten* into smartass too.

....... call it a complete package
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    1Wildthang wrote: »
    I'm slowing getting to my goal

awesome.

in the last five years I've lost three pounds.

the experts say it's best to slowly lose the weight; I abide; I damn sure do.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost weight in 2 weeks. Dang it