Quick keto question

Options
2»

Replies

• jameybirch93
    jameybirch93 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sharonays wrote: »
    Are you doing 10/20/70? Sometimes you can balance by eating more fat. Put a tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil into your coffee or your eggs. Eat extra butter somehow.

I'm doing 5% carbs, 74% fat, 21% protein
  • BurgerLovinBulker
    BurgerLovinBulker Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I recently got off the keto diet after hitting a strong plateau. It dropped my weight 90lbs over 4mo, but was a ***** to keep up.

Because of my size I allowed myself 28g of carb, but that was pushing it. I wouldn't go higher than 22-25g

What size were you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 17 stone (was 17St 8 but today 17St 3)

I was 310lbs (22.14 stone). Once I got to around 224lbs (16 stone), I found my ketone levels dropping, so I reduced carbs and they returned to the optimal zone. I made my previous post off the assumption that, since females generally carry more natural fat than males, it will harder for you enter ketosis with that many carbs. However, that assumption is 'bro science', and only based off my own logic - no actual research.

By the way, your macros look good in the post above.
  • jameybirch93
    jameybirch93 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recently got off the keto diet after hitting a strong plateau. It dropped my weight 90lbs over 4mo, but was a ***** to keep up.

Because of my size I allowed myself 28g of carb, but that was pushing it. I wouldn't go higher than 22-25g

What size were you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 17 stone (was 17St 8 but today 17St 3)

I was 310lbs (22.14 stone). Once I got to around 224lbs (16 stone), I found my ketone levels dropping, so I reduced carbs and they returned to the optimal zone. I made my previous post off the assumption that, since females generally carry more natural fat than males, it will harder for you enter ketosis with that many carbs. However, that assumption is 'bro science', and only based off my own logic - no actual research.

By the way, your macros look good in the post above.

Okay thanks! I'll just have to work really hard to stick to my macros and if I do mess up and go over, not to let it ruin my whole day (otherwise I'll end up eating way more than I should)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind with the strips; you can get 3 different brands and they will all give different ratings. So dont' put too much into those readings.

I would try to work out is figure out why you are binging.