PACT app (gym pact) is shutting down

Options
CTcutie
CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
Apologies if already posted somewhere-

Pact app is shutting down. I just got the email. Check your for details so you get all your earnings back!
(No wonder they never responded when I logged back in last week & made a new pact... it wasn't connecting to MFP & wouldn't accept my meal logging.)

Replies

• Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Aw, man. There goes my free money for working out! I kind of wondered if they were in trouble because the rewards dwindled over time.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed the email somehow.
  • shelley200774
    shelley200774 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are in the US then Achievemint is a substitute but they are only US based. Can't get any rewards without a US address
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you are in the US then Achievemint is a substitute but they are only US based. Can't get any rewards without a US address

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting on $75 worth of rewards from two years ago.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting on $75 worth of rewards from two years ago.

Really? I just got $10 last week from them...

I like that I can set it and forget it...the points accrue while I do my regular MFP Fitbit and Runkeeper stuff.
  • it_guy_nb
    it_guy_nb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just cashed out $263 on Pact (haven't seen the PayPal yet).
    Already off the wagon on walking 10k steps, logging calories and eating veggies :)
    Looking for incentive & accountability alternatives that work outside the US.
    So far the only one I see is DietBet.
  • CTcutie
    Options
    I also started 2 Diet Bets, but it took me 6 months to decide to put that $ on the line! There are maintenance DBs & step DBs, but I decided to try a 6 month Transfirmer and a 4 week Kickstarter (hasn't ended yet, but I will meet my goal easy peasy).
  • strength_n_song
    strength_n_song Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I was just thinking of signing up again.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Have you contacted them? It gets sent through email from a company called giftrocket. Over the past few years I've received $150 from them.
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    it_guy_nb wrote: »
    I just cashed out $263 on Pact (haven't seen the PayPal yet).

Holy moly, I can't even imagine how many workouts that took to accumulate. And here I thought I was doing great by breaking the $80 barrier.

Good job!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I've been getting $2-3 weekly from Pact, with 6-7 workouts, 15-25 veggies and 7 days food logging each week. It adds up, over 3.5 years! Sad to see it ending.

I have done some Step Bets. Currently not in any, taking kind of an easy week. Then back to it...
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's acting like it's still running even though it's after the 7/9 end date. Wonder if I need to put myself on a break?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Have you contacted them? It gets sent through email from a company called giftrocket. Over the past few years I've received $150 from them.

Ditto, My wife and I have cashed out 30 or 40 between us in the last 6 months.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. I've been able to cash out about $150 at Christmas time the last few years. :(
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm surprised. I tried it a couple years ago and had nothing but problems. Didn't sync with MFP some days. If I did a long cycle ride and didn't end up netting 1200 calories it didn't count my day. It wouldn't count my gym workouts because it couldn't get GPS signal in the gym. Just really stressful to use.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    kschr201 wrote: »
    It's acting like it's still running even though it's after the 7/9 end date. Wonder if I need to put myself on a break?

As per this article, it states that final payouts will be July 11 and users will be supported until end of August. I just put mine on break.
    mobihealthnews.com/content/khosla-backed-fitness-startup-pact-shuts-down
  • staunchc
    staunchc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lolo_bunny wrote: »
    kschr201 wrote: »

As per this article, it states that final payouts will be July 11 and users will be supported until end of August. I just put mine on break.
    mobihealthnews.com/content/khosla-backed-fitness-startup-pact-shuts-down

I cashed out but am a little apprehensive about not completing my Pact for the week. I just don't trust I won't be charged if I don't complete it. Any ideas on this?
  • sveach16
    sveach16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing. I already cashed out, I don't want to be charged for not completing my pact this week.
  • fitgbaby
    fitgbaby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping it running just in case as I don't want to assume they're finished and end up paying. Even if I don't earn anything for these last weeks it's still a good way to keep motivated and moving.
    App is very glitchy though so I guess they've stopped any maintenance.
  • CTcutie
    Options
    I cashed out on the 11th, but it also said my Pact was paused at that time (I didn't pause it).
  • dgoffron
    dgoffron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of bummed out that it closed down. I've probably pulled in $750 over 3 years with the app. I tried to cash out my remaining $$ after 7/11. Does that mean that I won't get the cash? Or will there be a delay since I'm assuming a lot of people are trying to cash out too?
    P.S. I never got an email of the shut down. I found out by trying to adjust my future pact and a pop-up message came up saying it was shutting down after 7/9. I was a little confused because activities were still being uploaded.