Slimfast

Options
2»

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Slimfast: Look at the label and log the calories.
    Better: For hair, you may need more protein in your diet. For the vitamins in Slimfast, consider taking a 4 cents a day multivitamin instead. Hair loss could also come from lack of vitamin E, iron, selenium, copper, magnesium, which are all in a daily multi.
    https://slimfast.com/original/ 19 grams of SUGAR.

Protein drinks at Costco is an excellent idea. Stores like Target also sell these in small packs. Much more protein for your buck and even some with less calories. Some with only 2 grams of sugar. Not 19.
    Protein Drink at Target: https://www.target.com/p/nutritional-shakes-premier-protein/-/A-51594644#preselect=51527566

Oh NO, NOT SUGAR!!! Its almost like they dont want their drink to taste like metals and other vitamins with horrible tastes.

Not to pick a fight, but some of us can't have a lot of sugar. Nineteen grams of sugar is more than half of my target grams for the day. Just sayin'.
  • CookiesAllowed
    CookiesAllowed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you..thats why I like the high protein one it has less than 1g of sugar
  • LBeekman2017
    LBeekman2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love the Premier Protein drinks from Costco... high protein and low sugar and a great taste all packed into 160 calories. I usually take one with me to the gym to drink on the treadmill in addition to water.
  • 14apfigley641
    14apfigley641 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I buy the Equate Walmart brand shakes and I love them. I usually drink mine in the late evening when I am just a little hungry and want something sweet.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well I would say if you see improvements when taking this then you might wish to take some kind of vitamins or supplements when you stop using it. you might not be getting enough in the foods you eat.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Well I would say if you see improvements when taking this then you might wish to take some kind of vitamins or supplements when you stop using it. you might not be getting enough in the foods you eat.

Why wouldn't someone get enough in the foods they eat?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »

Why wouldn't someone get enough in the foods they eat?

Well that all depends on the foods they eat of course. Also would have to have blood work done to see if there is any deficiencies. Everyone is different and even though we may be fine someone else might not be so lucky.

In my occupation I see elderly people who can become very effected by low sodium or low potassium.

• CookiesAllowed
    CookiesAllowed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your right about the potassium..one of the reasons I am using it is because of the high potassium..I am on a supplement now so if I should stop slimfast I might need to double up on supplement or find another source