HELP!!! Losing my way again!

Options
2»

Replies

• Athulya24
    Athulya24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I feel it is totally normal to sidetrack from what one has set out to do. Don't be too hard on yourself for that. Just remember its just a phase and you will easily get back on track. And yes, we do tend to get bored with the same workout routine. So, I would suggest mix up different types of routines in a week and do take one or two days off. It is required. Trust me. Might I also suggest, if possible, try engaging into a sport. I am into tennis for more than a year and I just love it. It is my evening workout combined with vigourous walk in the mornings. Hope I helped.
  • lizbeths88
    lizbeths88 Posts: 19
    Options
    I was going to try the couch to 5k but my husband said it uses too much data on the phone...so I would just alternate walking and jogging.

That's crazy! You should really explain why this is important to you. I am in the same boat my bf hates when I turn down food but is very supportive of me working out. I think he Is just upset I will not go out to eat with him anymore like we used to maybe once a week at the most. You should try to get him to work out with you see if that works
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    No husband, so I can't relate to sabotage....but I'm on round two hear as well and my motivation is fluctuating! Feel free to add me!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I was going to try the couch to 5k but my husband said it uses too much data on the phone...so I would just alternate walking and jogging.
    You can use an iPod touch to do it, or turn off your data and it will still give you the prompts but just won't give you the distances etc. However, I don't think it uses all that much data in the 30 minutes you use it.
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    well the issue here is the marriage, not the exercise or the diet. Try 'Love and Respect' the book or the DVD and you and your hubby get to fixing what's important. order it on Amazon. get started.
    I don't think so much it's the marriage but the man and I can't fix him, I can only fix me and do the best I can with the situation I have. Would be nice if I could get him to watch a DVD but.... I appreciate the suggestion.
  • JustKimAMW
    JustKimAMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Aside from downloading the app(which could be done with wifi anyways) I don't see how the app would be using any data at all. I have it on my iPod touch, and that only has Internet when I'm in my house. I'm sorry he's not being supportive of you. Feel free to friend me if you like!
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    You can use an iPod touch to do it, or turn off your data and it will still give you the prompts but just won't give you the distances etc. However, I don't think it uses all that much data in the 30 minutes you use it.
    I have the droid razor but I will check to see if it will still work with my phone without the data....Thanks
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    Aside from downloading the app(which could be done with wifi anyways) I don't see how the app would be using any data at all. I have it on my iPod touch, and that only has Internet when I'm in my house. I'm sorry he's not being supportive of you. Feel free to friend me if you like!
    The phone app uses it to get your total distsncecetc, but I believe it will still give you prompts if you turn off the data. It shouldn't use much tho.
  • JustKimAMW
    JustKimAMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The phone app uses it to get your total distsncecetc, but I believe it will still give you prompts if you turn off the data. It shouldn't use much tho.

Wow, fancy! Makes me wish I had a smartphone... Lol
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I have the droid razor but I will check to see if it will still work with my phone without the data....Thanks
    Also I think minimum data is 2gb? We have 4 ppl on our plan with 2 gb and never go over, and I use running apps all the time.
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Used to love to run, can't anymore no cartilage left in my knees, have to do low impact so now I'm on the elliptical but I don't enjoy it as much and have to push myself. My husband does not sabotage me but he still snacks in front of me, etc. and he has some back problems so I am on my own for exercise too. Just before my 52nd birthday I realized if I don't get in shape now I never will. Since I've been on MFP it has inspired me to keep at it and I've lost 11 lbs. If you would like some support this is the place to be, feel free to add me as a friend.