What's YOUR Motivation?

Options

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I want to be attractive. I'll get there as soon as I find the other end of this rainbow I've been chasin'
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My type 2 diabetes diagnosis!!!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    To not die far too young.

Also to weigh less than my husband. :wink:
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    What is your personal motivation?
    For me is reaching the weight I was about 9 years ago? I felt so good wearing my jeans low and comfy.

For me it's feeling good. Feeling good when I run up a flight of stairs or can play with my nephew and match his energy. Realizing that my 30s can be and are the most fit I've ever been in my life (a far cry from my 20s). Not having to "suck in your gut" as default. Being far more in touch with what my body needs and feeling the differences in how food affects my energy and mood. Etc. etc. etc.
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pre-baby I had a very unhealthy & reckless lifestyle but I was thin, probably too thin because in all honesty I just didn't eat. Then I fell pregnant which was ultimately a life saver. During pregnancy I used mfp to track nutrients & try to control any unnecessary weight gain. I did everything by the book & absolutely LOVED my body, i felt strong both physically & emotionally, i was so confident and knew I was making all of the right life choices without question and I was comfortable in my own skin. I was SO happy.

I'd love to feel that way again & be proud to show off my figure, minus the bump! My daughter is my motivation, shes 3 in September and born at 11 wks prem she's a miracle. I want her to be proud of her mummy. Plus I'm 40 in 2yrs so I'd like to be in great shape by then!! Scares the crap out of me hitting that age & still not being happy with the way i look.
  • Schmitty_89
    Schmitty_89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to return to parkour training. I felt like I was flying when I could vault over obstacles. It felt awesome to be able to do a wall run and push myself ontop of an object. With my back injury I was bed ridden for a while and never want to return to that-ever. If I can heal and lose the access fat on my stomach, I know I will be able to fly faster and higher when I return to the gym. I want to be a total bad *kitten* like the heroes you see in anime and film. :)
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love all of these :) this app and the people on it have been a huge motivator for me.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The older I get (I'm 49 now) the more issues seem to crop up, some are just small nagging things but over time I can easily see them compounding with not so small serious things that are currently under control. I don't want to be one of those immobile, home bound people who are a burden to their family. I want to work toward being as strong and structurally (physically) sound as possible.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sadly, wine and cupcakes occasionally!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    1. My kids both to be there as they grow up and as an example.

2. My various short and long term athletic goals. I continually add more as I complete the current ones. Never complacent. Movement is life.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Spite and self-loathing.
  • GoodrichFalbe
    GoodrichFalbe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Being fit again and fitting into my jerseys I own.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    To be honest...initially vanity as well...my daughter and I want to go to a Walker Stalker Convention (For fans of the Walking Dead) and we want to get photo ops with our favorites...Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) I do not want to be disappointed with my picture standing next to those beautiful men...and I want to have the confidence in mystelf to actually speak to them... I want to wear something hot...I want to feel slinky! That was my initial motivation...now? Nearly 6 months in I have other fitness goals as well...pull ups, push ups, running...actually maintaining my weight at or around 130 pds...which I have never done before...I feel something I have never felt before...confidence that I can do it! My Trainer started that seed and has helped me grow it.. I can do this! I do not have to be the fat/chubby girl!!!
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    To be honest...initially vanity as well...my daughter and I want to go to a Walker Stalker Convention (For fans of the Walking Dead) and we want to get photo ops with our favorites...Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) I do not want to be disappointed with my picture standing next to those beautiful men...and I want to have the confidence in mystelf to actually speak to them... I want to wear something hot...I want to feel slinky! That was my initial motivation...now? Nearly 6 months in I have other fitness goals as well...pull ups, push ups, running...actually maintaining my weight at or around 130 pds...which I have never done before...I feel something I have never felt before...confidence that I can do it! My Trainer started that seed and has helped me grow it.. I can do this! I do not have to be the fat/chubby girl!!!
    You NEED to share that photo if you get it :). And yes... you’ve got this.

• Pintorasaurus
    Pintorasaurus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I decided to have 2 more kids in my 30s so here I am 33 with a 10 month old. I want to be healthy and feel confident I won't have a heart attack before she graduates high school.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    You NEED to share that photo if you get it :). And yes... you’ve got this.

AWWW thanks!
  • kcastagnoli
    kcastagnoli Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to be hot.

you ARE hot!
  • kcastagnoli
    kcastagnoli Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Spite and self-loathing.
    LMAO!!!! I hope it's not all that bad, but that was funny!
  • PamRoman61
    PamRoman61 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to stop pretending I am happy and fulfilled. My choices have been lazy and consumptive and I will change that mindset because I want to do and be better.