Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Long-legged spiders. Gets me every time.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have to throw something into a dumpster that has a lid, I'm always convinced that something is going to jump out at me.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Dying from asphyxiation in an elevator
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Spiders in the bathtub. Especially B-I-G spiders. I always look before I turn on the water for a shower. If one is there I try to wash it down the drain before it comes out & jumps all over me. Spiders on the wall or ceiling or any place else are okay. Well not okay. But I can handle it. Weird, huh?
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Moths really freak me out. They are like wacky versions of butterflies (which I love) and they need to chill out
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I'm afraid of being in a crowded public area and someone just ramming their fist up my *kitten*, and me not being able to see who did it.
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Big robots!! Like the ones the use to fight in in the Matrix films, or the big one in Judge Dredd (Stallone version) FREAK. ME. OUT.

And I'm afraid of losing my memories, either from an accident or dementia. I want all my memories to remain intact until I die! Although theres a lot of crap ones, theres loads of awesome ones too (particularly relating to my daughter).
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Definitely people who are mentally ill and people with dementia.
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The tidy bowl man! I have been looking for him in the bowl since I was a kid...always afraid he would get me with one of his oars!
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I am always afraid that there is a skeleton standing in the parts of rooms that the hallway light doesn't reach. I've had that fear since I was a kid. I know it's absurd, but the hair on my neck still stands on end when I pass a dark room.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Wet leaves. My brother threw me into a pile of them when I was a little kid and they stuck to me. I hate to even walk on them now. Which makes my life suck around here in the fall.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Crane flies freak me the frick out.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There's a little kid's show called Boobah, my friend's little sister had a stuuffed one that moved and I had a panick attack from being in the same room o_O
  • WisiPls
    Options
    oh and spiders

if it was just me and my mom in a room, and a massive spider was in there, i'd push her at it.

goodluck mom.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    A lot of things. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Germs, little people, horror movies, heart beating too fast, heights.
  • WisiPls
    Options

name: mspoopoo - scared of germs
    picture: creepy as fuk

im scared of u
  • siriuslestrange1
    siriuslestrange1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid of a lot of things that are listed here: snakes, spiders, etc. Not afraid of those anymore (well, very large spiders creep me the eff out, but that's another thing). I've always thought that a fear of birds was silly, but that's probably because I always had them as pets while growing up. I pick on my boyfriend because he's afraid of mice (I seriously watched him hide as I caught a filed mouse in our house so I could take it outside and let it free) and slugs (he also hid when I rescued a giant slug from our basement last week) where I think they are both cute!

My strange fears? Public transportation, "monsters inside me" type situations (including bugs in my ears)..... and here's the kicker...... Jurassic Park. I still have anxiety attacks if I'm forced to be in a room where it's playing.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In laws. Scary!
  • siriuslestrange1
    siriuslestrange1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

ugh, I'm diagnosed as agoraphobic, GAD, SAD, OCD, etc... so I feel your pain! For me, I don't count most of those as fears though, because it's situations that cause me to freak out, not so much things.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I can't stop too close to the train tracks if a train is coming through. I have to be far enough back, IMO, that if the train derailed it wouldn't get me.