Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Being judged for attempting to get onto disability.
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    -sharks-- even after a seeing a documentary that they are good and not as bad as we think...
    - public restrooms.. or restrooms other then my own period!! there just disgusting!! I once held it for 10 hrs because I refused to use one. I used to have a phobia of..
    - driving just got my license 3 yrs ago.. :) pretty amazing at 28!! face your fears u will laugh later about how silly they are usualy. ..
    -Fear of seperation.. Ive never slept a night away from my husband :)... wait is that a good thing? lol
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i will pass out if i see someone squeezing a cotton ball.
    I cannot open a new bottle of aspirin without someone pulling it out for me.
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Escalators. Hate those!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm afraid of these things, I just don't like 'em.

- Terracotta pots. I hate the way they feel and the way they sound when moved against something else. Ick.
    - Used to have similar feelings to chalk, thankfully that's subsided over the years.
    - Things that buzz right next to my ear.
  • ChadThorson
    Options
    A world without books.

Oh, and Sharknadoes!
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought MFP was immune to SHARKNADO jokes. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're funny!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Spider crabs, the sound of fingernails scratching skin, other people's bathrooms, potlucks, the sound of an alarm clock, and scutigera coleoptrata (or house centipedes; I literally just google imaged it and screamed); those are just the first few that come to mind!

ETA: I'm about to finish watching Lost for the first time and whenever I hear cicadas at night, I start trembling because I'm just sure it's the black smoke monster for a few seconds.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    people touching my stuff.

Lighten+Up+Francis1092318449.jpg

Lighten up, Francis.

I'm afraid of over sized man-made structures, like huge empty warehouses, or the engine room of the Queen Mary. Those big screws down there freaked me out! Found out much later in life my dad had the same fear.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Haha-Sharknado! Also, heights (since I broke my back), enclosed spaces (mri), spiders, the dark (not itself, just what may be in it), deep water (again, what may be in it), bums, pit bulls ( I know, totally irrational), and semis on the freeway. I know there's more, just can't think of them now. P.s.- I have the teeth falling out dream frequently. But, they turn to a shale-!like consistency, and fall out in crumbles. With a dirt taste. Yuck!!!!!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Escalators. Hate those!

Is it because of the scene in Mallrats?

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some *kitten* kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Larvae

and fruit (except pineapples and figs)
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I HAAAATE Spiders or bugs with LOTS of legs (I am proud of myself for making it through this thread, btw.... I was only squinty-eyed a few times... xD)

Also... I can't STAND when a wooden Popsicle stick touches both my bottom and top front teeth at the same time... O_O It totally freaks out my senses and make my whole body shudder.... it's ridiculous... I know.. ._.;;
  • strawberry_chu
    Options
    Several holes clustered together on skin, mysterious phone calls and used to be afraid of flushing public toilets. I did the flush & run.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Fireworks
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of several things, especially creepy crawlies. But one thing I do NOT want to touch, are worms and frogs. I hate hate hate them. Sometimes I'd imagine what if someone throws one at me or put in my hair or something. It wouldn't be funny at all. They wouldn't want me doing it back to them lol.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There's a few fears I have, and a couple true Phobias.
    Phobias-
    Trypophobia - Fear of pits or seedy things in something else. For me, it's worse if I see it on skin rather than rocks or flowers.
    -When I was little/younger I was terrified of things I couldn't see under my skin, led to me ripping out my hair/eyelashes/eyebrows. Finger and toe nails because I simply couldn't see where the roots.(grew out of it. parents blamed stress so i was never taken to a doctor about this) Constantly had to, and still do fight the urge to pull out my own teeth. (Freaking out right now because I had to google it, for spelling(I'm so anal about spelling.) I don't get queasy by many things, old skunk, the smell of ****, no problem. This. Makes me wretch and gag for hours and cry and hyperventilate. ALL the above and more.

Honondasdontiaphobia - Fear of losing teeth. This one, is less major than the above, but I get a similar reaction to above, if there's even a CHANCE of my teeth getting knocked out. I get very sick if I see someone elses teeth become damaged as well.

Non phobic fears-
    Hands. Specifically, hands coming out from under my bed to grab me. I CANNOT sleep alone in a bed that is off the floor. There canNOT be an 'under' to the bed, or I will FREAK if I am left alone on it.

Being on my back around strangers. I freak, especially if it's a dentist or doctor and they're working where I cannot specifically see them. If I can see what they are doing, I'm fine. Needles, scalpels, go for it, as long as I can see.

Adult men. I was abused or scared at a young age by nearly every adult male figure I knew. 25 years or so and up.

'Preppy' girls/women. Terrify me. I was horribly verbally abused in elementary/middle and high school by this 'clique'.

And finally. Fear of gaining weight. This. Ends my list of fears.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think my weirdest one is that I have a fear of people's elbows touching my arms. It makes me break down, and sends shivers down my spine.
    I also have a fear of calling people on the phone, but I've been working on that.

My biggest fear USED to be moths. Even the tiniest ones were absolutely horrifying, and I was made fun of like CRAZY. Do not admit fears like this to your older brother, just fyi. This will just result in moths being thrown in your face. I'm just happy there are others out there like me!!

I'm relatively over the moth thing now, but things like botfly larvae are pretty horrifying.
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    grass its creepy as ****! especially when it touches your skin
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Weird things:

Daddy-longlegs...I wake up if I hear them, I will stand in the pouring rain instead of standing in the bus stop if there is one in there, it is a phobia!

Sprouting potatoes...I cannot touch them. They look freaky but so long as I don't have to touch them I am fine