Motivation in a box.....my wifes plan.

Options

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So here it is. Sitting there, mocking me. I can touch it, I can grab it, I cant open it and I cant use it. frustrated!!!!

OGAhVqml.jpg

tumblr_m6ozwt46FU1rpj7qbo1_500.png

Awesome idea.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE movie!

ahh I posted it up there earlier. Its a new Canon Eos M camera. I have been wanting something smaller than my several SLR cemeras but more control than a Point and shoot camera. Also it was on sale. So now I just have 25ish lbs to go. Tonights workout helped. New 30 minute lap record for me in the pool. Up to 46 laps!!! I did 43 last night which was the highest at the time. Now to hit 50 and soon.
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I have been coveting a mirrorless body; bet ya cannot wait.

Your wife rocks!!!!

I had been looking at them forever. Since I am so heavily invested in the Canon lens department, the Eos M was the perfect fit. Bummer that I have to drop another $200 or so to do the lens adapter, but oh well, the 22mm it comes with will do good for now. Its just always frustrating to pull out one of the D-SLRs and then decide on lenses for a simple nite out.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Best idea ever. I am stealing this. I am going to make one for my sister. I am not telling her what's in it though. I think the suspense alone would make her crazy. When you get to open it be sure to post an update. :smile:
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    Absolutely! Even though I know whats in it, Ill still open it like its christmas!
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna get someone to do me a motivation box. I am so lacking at the moment! It's an awesome idea.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    ahh I posted it up there earlier. Its a new Canon Eos M camera. I have been wanting something smaller than my several SLR cemeras but more control than a Point and shoot camera. Also it was on sale. So now I just have 25ish lbs to go. Tonights workout helped. New 30 minute lap record for me in the pool. Up to 46 laps!!! I did 43 last night which was the highest at the time. Now to hit 50 and soon.

50 friggin laps? Geesh. I would drown before finishing the first one! Way to go on all of it! Keep up the great work!
  • ShelliePAwesome
    ShelliePAwesome Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Your wife is the MFP Super Genius of the Day!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Your wife is the MFP Super Genius of the Day!

^this :happy:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    After reading so many posts from people with spouses/friends/family members who sabotage their diets, this just warms my heart. Good luck with your weight loss goals- with a supportive wife it has to be a little easier.
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's ingenious! If my husband put any sort of camera equipment in a box like that, I'd be at goal in no time, lol! I'm a Canon girl and there's always stuff I'm drooling over (camera gear is so addictive - or maybe I just have an addictive personality, since food addiction is what likely got me here in the first place.)

Great work so far and I can't wait till you get there. I'll be rooting for ya!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! :) good luck getting to your goal! Can't wait to see pics of you opening the box! :D
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, dude, you're almost there!

-David
    -257 pounds
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • BeCourageous2013
    BeCourageous2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I am going to ask my daughter to make me a surprise reward box...thank you for the great inspiration! I need all the motivation I can get. Congrats on your new life! :bigsmile:
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Freaking genious idea!!! Better thasn saying you will reward yourself after losing X pounds because with this is standing there each day as a visual and you arent going to change your goal for the reward. LOVE THIS IDEA!! Your wifes a flippin genious!! Totally can not wait for a pic of you reaching the goal and opening the box.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I LOVE it! Your wife is the best! I'm going to do the same for my husband...already have the gift in mind. Just awesome idea. Thank you so much for sharing it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome!!! Both your wife's motivartion box and the success you have had.

Keep up the good work!! If I did it you can do it too.
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    I have begun writing my weigh-ins on the box. I will cross it off as my weight goes down. It will help me see how close I am. Currently at 372.8. OOOOOh, its so frustrating, but I am also trying hard to not just start myself so I can keep the weight off. its a careful balancing act right now.

Thank you all for the support. Slowly but surely I will get there.
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    one week update. First, got to play around with a friends camera and I really love it, so it makes me want to open mine up that much more!!! Hit 370.6 this morning so that puts me at 4lbs lost. Giving me 20.7 lbs to go. Doing really good but not overdoing it. Swimming twice a week now, rowing class twice a week, misc other stuff on the rest of the days with a rest day which for me was last night but I got in a lot of walking on date night. Today is no gym specific trip but again more walking for the baseball game. Were gonna park far away and not take the escalator to the 2nd level. So far so good I think.
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Can she put together something for me too? lol