Can we take ON Amino energy and Hydroxycut when cutting?

Options
Can we take ON's Amino energy and Muscletech's Hydroxycut when cutting?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can take what you like, as long as whatever you eat/drink keeps you in a calorie deficit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The bigger question is, why do you think you should take these? Hydroxycut's current formula is not going to do anything). And you would only need or benefit from BCAA's if you are training fasted or on a low protein diet. In fact, it doesn't even have that much caffeine in it.

But can you take them, sure.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    The bigger question is, why do you think you should take these? Hydroxycut's current formula is not going to do anything). And you would only need or benefit from BCAA's if you are training fasted or on a low protein diet. In fact, it doesn't even have that much caffeine in it.

But can you take them, sure.

Thanks
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink the amino energy daily simply because it takes amazing and has caffeine.
  • nicol8989
    nicol8989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So what should you take I'm almost fifty and lost my muscle over night. I go to the gym daily
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nicol8989 wrote: »
    So what should you take I'm almost fifty and lost my muscle over night. I go to the gym daily

Well you didn't lose muscle overnight ;) ; in fact, unless you have had a dexa scan, it would be hard to get a knowledge of what your lean body mass base is.

You don't need any supplements. Supplements are the smallest component of this whole thing. What you should look at first, is what does your nutrition look like (calories, macro/micros) and what does your training look like. Than ask how they align to your goals and if your plan supports you goals.

Now in some cases, supplements can come into play or help assist you; whey protein is going to be a big one for those who struggle with hitting protein requirements or those who like a shake early in the morning for convenience; BCAA's are beneficial when training fasted while not eating around your workout, when you don't already consume whey protein or while following a lower protein diet; Caffeine is good, especially pre-workout for additional energy; Creatine-monohydrate is really the only major supplement that provides benefit. Outside of those, there are some debatable uses and anecdotes of using other supplements. This does not count minerals/vitamins for deficiencies.