Feeling defeated

Options
All my life I've been over weight and it has taken a toll on me mentally. I have tried every workout and "diet" program and nothing seems to work. Maybe genetics has doomed me for life.

Replies

• keg61990
    keg61990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You've found your way to MFP, so that's a start in the right direction! Gaining and losing large amounts of weight is my cycle, and each time it gets harder, but it is never impossible.

Take a deep breath and clear your mind, take this one meal at a time. You've got this!
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP calorie counter to track a deficit, Workout a BMR on what exercise you are doing!
    Take it a step at a time! Eat whatever you want in moderation as long as we keep you in a calorie deficit you're on the right road to begin with!
    You can do this!
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was 18. Tried lots of diets and told myself I was starting all kinds of exercise regimens...didn't work. Also told others I was happy how I was but in reality hated how I looked. I've been using MFP for about 45 days now and lost 11lbs. Not the highest number I've lost but it's been less painful than other plans. I started off just trying to lose a lb a week, now upped to 1.5lbs with a little exercise. Finding the slow and steady less of a struggle. You can do it!!! Add some friends, weigh your food and use the diary. Remember slow and steady is ok. If it was that easy to lose weight we'd all be slim already. Good luck
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @hlk545 This should be the Mantra of this site!! Inspiring words!!! for all those looking to lose weight! Slow n steady/Small progress is still progress! a Lb a week or a Lb a month is still a loss!
  • norcalichick395
    norcalichick395 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had the same struggle my whole life, with the ups and downs. MFP has been easy to use and the community is super motivating! You can do it, just start setting small goals for yourself and once you achieve those you can build momentum. We can do this together!!