Things I learned here;
    1. I am inhumane
    2. I am problematic to society
    3. I don't care, and still like dogs more than people
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I blame medical science....

See we been saving the stupid ones for far too long now. They been out breeding the smart ones while under our protection. And now we are paying the price of being surrounded by morons.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Tessyloowhoo Posts: 504
    Options
    @#*$#$*@# and people wonder why I would rather cuddle up with my husky-golden mix than be around people. People suck plain and simple....
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sad, sad, sad... what a horrible friend! :mad:

9ux4bk.jpg

OMG that is the most awesome sign I have ever seen

Facebook here I come :P

TOTALLY In-HUMANE. I never read, "Love your dog as you would Yourself;" or "Do unto your cat as You would have you cat do unto you." Humanity IS about Loving and treating Humans well. I'd like to say that you can tell a "good" person by the way they treat their pets...but you can NOT. You can tell a "good" person by their Character, whether or not they have pets. People who do not like people are "problematic" to Society.

In my opinion, how a person treats someone/something who can not do anything for him/her or help him/her with something (animals, babies) defines a huge part of his/her character. Having integrity (an integral part of human character, in my opinion) is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

I am another person who likes their pet more than most people :) deal with it.
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hate reading stories like this- hope he finds his dog and looses his *friend* :/
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Think he could claim PTSD as a defense if he maimed the guy a little?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sad, sad, sad... what a horrible friend! :mad:

9ux4bk.jpg

OMG that is the most awesome sign I have ever seen

Facebook here I come :P

TOTALLY In-HUMANE. I never read, "Love your dog as you would Yourself;" or "Do unto your cat as You would have you cat do unto you." Humanity IS about Loving and treating Humans well. I'd like to say that you can tell a "good" person by the way they treat their pets...but you can NOT. You can tell a "good" person by their Character, whether or not they have pets. People who do not like people are "problematic" to Society.

Ok, so i fit into the 'problematic to society' area then. good to know. I will judge people by how they treat animals. But that is just me. No animal I have ever owned or met has ever hurt me or broken my trust. I cant say the same for all the people i have met.
    Arguing with crazy people will get you nowhere.

And anyone who doesn't think character shows through by how someone treats a creature with no power (like animals) isn't someone I would want to know, anyway.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

And anyone who doesn't think character shows through by how someone treats a creature with no power (like animals) isn't someone I would want to know, anyway.

Totally agree with this. Also if my dog doesn't like you I probably won't either.
  • rml_16
    Options

Totally agree with this. Also if my dog doesn't like you I probably won't either.

Dogs know.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    dude that is messed up.
    another reason why i would prefer to hang out with my dog than people. people really suck.
    his so called "friend" isn't saying where he gave the dog to? i hope he and his dog can find each other again. that's really sad. i'd be pissed as hell
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options

remove probably from that last sentence, and it is bang on :)

ETA 'Bang on' meaing correct, not meaning 'kiss lick wave bang' lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    The most screwed up part is that even in a war zone, this guy was probably reachable. If the "friend" couldn't care for the dog anymore, he could have given the guy a chance to find someone to take the dog.

I think someone saw a chance to make money, since it sounds like he sold the dog.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    This sucks. I would have to question on why he chose that particular friend though because it does sound like the guy really didn't want anything to do with the dog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Things I learned here;
    1. I am inhumane

Those are the exact same things I learned here.

Want to be friends?
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If the "friend" didn't fully understand the responsibility of caring for a dog, couldn't have, you know, tried to find another friend to care for the dog instead of giving it away?
  • whitlisd
    whitlisd Posts: 85
    Options
    Have we stopped evolving as a species now ?

Some people just need to be put down !

That's why I prefer animals to people :)

This.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    KILL THE BEAST !!! (and by beast I mean 'friend')
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I blame medical science....

See we been saving the stupid ones for far too long now. They been out breeding the smart ones while under our protection. And now we are paying the price of being surrounded by morons.

Agreed
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Things I learned here;
    1. I am inhumane

When I see something on FB about a person getting hurt, I feel bad for the person...but when someone's pet dies, however, I'm in tears. Hooray for dogs and cats! And yes, they just know.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

Dogs know.

Yes they do and I have four of them and they are my children. :-)