Trying to stop medicating for weight loss

Options
I recently lost almost 30 lbs using phentermine but i stopped taking it a week ago and now im soooo tired and hungry. Trying to stay strong and lose without this medication and dont want to gain while waiting on my energy levels to readjust. Any tips on energy ?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suspect your natural energy levels will take time to readjust. I suggest a two phase approach. First of all get your energy back and then when you are feeling better start dieting again. My energy boosters include:
    1. Getting enough sleep
    2. Going for a run
    3. Having a high protein high veggie meal
    4. Participate in a team sport
    5. Vitamin B12 sublingual
    6. Enough vitamin D
    7. Make sure my iron and thyroid levels are up
    8. Eating my minimum daily
  • sheenamoulton619
    sheenamoulton619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I took phentermine for over 2 years then stopped. I have found that if you get your nutrition right, the energy will follow. It will not happen overnight & I so feel the frustration you have. It was hard. I had an amazing doctor who helped me find a great nutritionist, but it was hard. You can do it though!! I recommend keeping your doctor in the loop, they can be a great resource & cheering section! And just as a side note, I actually lost more weight AFTER I stopped the phentermine. When I was taking it, I was much less focused on my food intake. The RX was a crutch to me. Once I started diligently tracking and paying attention to where my calories came from, I started losing weight again.
    Good luck!!! I will be cheering for you!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,004 Member
    Options
    I find moderate exercise to be energizing.

During the day, I avoid foods that make me sleepy, like bread or baked goods made from flour. How foods affects us is very individual - play around with what foods work best for you and which you should avoid or moderate.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? How much more do you have to lose? It may be that you got used to a too low calorie intake on phen and need to eat more to be healthy.