Already seeing results?

Options
Hey everyone! My question involves my work out routine. I'm pretty small (height wise lol) and any weight gain/loss is very visible, very fast. I have been doing 75 minutes of intense cardio along with 15-20 minutes of abs, arms and legs everyday for about a week now with a lower calorie diet. My legs, arms and stomach already look more firm and toned as well as smaller. Do you think I am just imagining this? Also, I have seen almost no decrease in my weight and even a little bit of an increase. Is this a concern? Thoughts?

Replies

• DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You're probably imagining it. One week is too soon to see changes. Three months is more reasonable.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The increase in weight could be from water retention. I can't find the study right now but as you exercise your muscles will retain water in the repair process. If you are at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. It's just the body is kind of weird in how fast or when it shows those losses on the scale.

In terms of seeing results, I am not really sure. Take photos once a week along with measurements. I started to go by this and my programs goals more than numbers on a scale.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Maybe you're just becoming more aware of your body's strengths. I certainly didn't see any difference in my body's toning in just the first week. Grab a soft flexible tape measure and write down your measurements. Update that every three or four weeks. Then you'll be able to accurately judge what types of changes you're actually achieving. I don't think it's a concern if you've gained a little weight, it's probably just water retention. You should see a change in weight soon. Keep logging your calories to make sure you stay in deficit.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Check back again after about 4-6 weeks. You'll most likely see changes with your body and your fitness. One week isn't long enough.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see results in a week. The lower body fat you have to begin with, the more you may notice differences in your body. 75 minutes of cardio and a low calorie diet, that it sounds like you hadn't been doing before, are two things that could cause you to see results in a week.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Could be a bit of a 'pump'. It's water retention in the muscles that make them appear slightly larger. Fitness models take advantage of this trick all the time.