Weight loss

Options
Hi everyone it's about time I knuckle down and actually do something about my weight. I'm 27 5ft5 and weigh 11stone 3 at the moment. I do weights so I know part of the weight is muscle but there is definitely extra weight that needs to shift.

I want to get back down to 10st 3 but I lack in self control around snacks.

Any advice?
Any body fancy being my challenge buddy on fitbit as well?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    1) Fit snacks into your daily food intake, either having lighter meals or upping your exercise, so you have room for them. (Or both).

2) If a moderate portion of a given snack is either too small for you to feel satisfied with or still two many calories, try identifying the specifics about why the snack appeals to you and look for a low-cal substitute. I've got much more of a 'salt' tooth than a sweet one. For me, switching out crisps for Skinny Pop popcorn or making my own tortilla chips in the oven worked. Sometimes, I want more of a crunch and I go with a sweet-ish dry cereal. Pickles. String cheese. Veggie dogs. I just made a green tea granita at 87 calories to the half-cup; if I want something cold and refreshing, it's there. Also, when I bake, I try not to make recipes with more than 200 calories per serving. We have company once a week, almost every week, so I bake for them and work the leftovers into my day. (I also buy something from the bakery, in case they want something richer; I'm a little worried about being 'that person who puts everyone else around her on a diet with her' but I buy stuff that I personally can stay out of. Hubby finishes those leftovers, or they've got long shelf lives. Or they freeze.)

Not on fitbit, so I can't help with the second part, but if you want to friend me, my diary is open. I'm not great at checking my feed and clicking 'like' all the time, but I'm good at replying to PMs.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose weight is Aerobically! Get out of breath n sweaty
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Try again its deleted half my message?? If you're doing weights a good way to shed some weight would be sessions on a heavy bag or get a gym partner with some Pads