Weight loss

Options
1Wildthang
1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
I lost 3.2 pounds since May 30th. That's really amazing since my career doesn't require walking or extreme movement. And no heavy lifting. I'm pretty excited.

Replies

• snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Go girl!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oops it's actually 4.2, I'm bad.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - 4.2 pounds would be a 14,700 calorie deficit. Even if you ate nothing for 3 days, that's still not 14,700 calorie deficit....unless you're maybe running marathons.

In other words it's mostly water weight fluctuation. Are you low carbing?...water weight loss is common (glycogen stores).

Still, you are making progress. Things will slow down, but keep up the good work.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    I *lost* 7 pounds in the first week. Go me.

Then I *gained* three the next week.

Then I didn't see a change in the scale for three more weeks.

Any big changes in food will cause a water-weight loss. It's not actual fat unless you weigh an awful lot - like over 250, or so.

We say this to prepare you for the ups and downs.

Good job getting started, though. You're beating the people who don't try. :flowerforyou:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    issiahs wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - 4.2 pounds would be a 14,700 calorie deficit. Even if you ate nothing for 3 days, that's still not 14,700 calorie deficit....unless you're maybe running marathons.

In other words it's mostly water weight fluctuation. Are you low carbing?...water weight loss is common (glycogen stores).

Still, you are making progress. Things will slow down, but keep up the good work.

We're in July so that means she lost it in a month, which is a nice healthy rate of loss. Good job!

Doh! Sorry....need to read more carefully. Yes - this is good, healthy rate.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!!
  • 1Wildthang
    Options
    issiahs wrote: »

We're in July so that means she lost it in a month, which is a nice healthy rate of loss. Good job!

Doh! Sorry....need to read more carefully. Yes - this is good, healthy rate.

Yeah , I was thinking what the heck. The calorie deficit didn't apply to me.
  • 1Wildthang
    Options
    Not really losing any weight right now :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!