SOS

Options
Hi guys, let me share about my journey on MFP. So initially I began a year back when I was trying to lose weight, and it worked, but I got overzealous- I went highly restrictive and ate less than 1200 calories a day, and even stopped eating carbs for a period of time.

However, when exams came (I'm a student), I forgot about tracking and threw my weight loss goals out of the window and began eating normally (snacking too). My weight has been soaring since then and now I'm back cos it's an all time high.

I know crash diets are bad, but I also know I should limit my intake, but it's hard. Right now I try to exercise everyday (2 hours of cardio class nearly) for a week now and I don't dare to eat beyond 1200 calories (because I work so hard in the gym, I don't feel like eating). Can someone scold some sense into me because clearly what I'm doing isn't working (the scale ain't shifting)? Even better, if anyone has their food diary public to share, it would be great cos I can learn from you guys. I know my lifestyle ain't healthy cos my weight has been going yo-yo and my metabolism is trash because i can be constipated for weeks and my period has stopped coming this month. But if I put on any more weight, my BMI will tip over into overweight so I am really scared right now. :(

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week and you just drastically increased your exercise. Be patient.

That said, if you aren't overweight then you'll be better off eating more. Set your goal to .5-1 pound per week and eat the amount it gives you plus a portion of your exercise calories. You need to fuel your body, especially with the amount of exercise you're doing.
  • Quinnstarry
    Quinnstarry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the reply! Let's say if I don't eat more calories like what you suggested, will I lose more weight?