I can! I will!

Options
depeel1
depeel1 Posts: 2 Member
Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I'm 58 and have lost more than 100 pounds more times than I can count so that means I've gained it (and more) more times than I can count as well. Prompted by bad blood clots in my legs, I have gone from 320 to 138 since February 2016. (I'm only 5'3", but 150 was my goal.) I've been in that neighborhood for about 5 months now -- going up (maybe as much as 20 pounds) and then back down. It has been a struggle. It seems that if I try to be a little less restrictive, I just go crazy. Luckily I've lately been able to rein back in and get back on track in a day or two. Then work hard to lose what I've regained. I just wish I could eat and think about food like a "normal" person! I always had the thought in the back of my mind that it wasn't a matter of if I'll gain the weight back, but when. Someone pointed out that I need a new mindset, so "I can do this! I will do this!" is on a post-it on the bathroom mirror. I keep trying to make myself believe it.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's so incredibly important to look at your weight loss not as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. You have to develop healthy habits and make them so normal and fluid for you that you just do them without thinking. Easier said than done, I know. Wishing you the best!
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! I feel your struggle as mine is similar. Add me as a friend and we can stay motivated together!