Hello, new member

Options
Hi all! I'm hoping on finding out better ways of losing weight than what I've been trying. I'm interested in learning more about Keto, as I am very confused on how you keep track of everything, and asking myself what do you eat when you're only allowed 20 grams of carbs. If anyone would like to friend me, please do so. My name is Nancy. Wishing the best for everyone with their weight loss journey.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have no knowledge of Keto, but good luck!
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm hoping on finding out better ways of losing weight than what I've been trying. I'm interested in learning more about Keto, as I am very confused on how you keep track of everything, and asking myself what do you eat when you're only allowed 20 grams of carbs. If anyone would like to friend me, please do so. My name is Nancy. Wishing the best for everyone with their weight loss journey.

Hi Nancy,
    For me it's a Ten week program to trim off some weight, a suggestion from my new doctor with helpful hints to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    Nothing too crazy for me as a positive starter program.
    A half a pound per week to trim off, with an understanding to stop eating junk foods and stay at or just below my calories intake per day.
    Originally my intake of foods was at 3000, now it's right below 2500 more like 2420 calories a day.
    This has all been suggested by my new doctor with a professional heath background.
    Now I need to step up my play with more outdoors excise
  • icelander55
    icelander55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm really behind with answering messages. Sorry Richard, I am just now seeing your note. This site seems huge and I'm still learning where everything is at. Plus not signing in every day isn't helping either. I'm going to get better with this after I return from Seattle the end of next month.

I have lost 3 pounds doing what I've been doing. I found a macro calculator and I'm not sure if I have it set right, but it's allowing me I think 1670 calories. That seems like a lot, so don't know if I have this right or not. Still doing some research on Keto, and I'm still confused on the protein and fat ratio.
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm really behind with answering messages. Sorry Richard, I am just now seeing your note. This site seems huge and I'm still learning where everything is at. Plus not signing in every day isn't helping either. I'm going to get better with this after I return from Seattle the end of next month.

I have lost 3 pounds doing what I've been doing. I found a macro calculator and I'm not sure if I have it set right, but it's allowing me I think 1670 calories. That seems like a lot, so don't know if I have this right or not. Still doing some research on Keto, and I'm still confused on the protein and fat ratio.

@Icelander, my opinion only, just take one step at a time.
    In time you and I will learn all the in's and out's with this new website