Mileage

Options
Today I ran 6 miles (9.66km) on the treadmill, but my Garmin said that I ran 11ish km. Which one is more likely to be accurate?

Thanks!

Replies

• Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Technically you aren't going anywhere.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 6 miles (9.66km) on the treadmill, but my Garmin said that I ran 11ish km. Which one is more likely to be accurate?

Thanks!

Depends on the calibration of the treadmill, and which model Garmin you're talking about.

My 735XT in treadmill mode is extremely accurate for distance.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Joenali wrote: »
    Technically you aren't going anywhere.

Hahaha yes you're right!
  • KrunchyMama
    Options

Thanks!

Depends on the calibration of the treadmill, and which model Garmin you're talking about.

Garmin Vivofit, and a second hand treadmill that is 3-5 years old I think? (Horizon brand? You'd think I'd remember the name seeing as how I stared at it for an hour and a half today!)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I would trust the TM, because it is probable that your steps are a little shorter on the TM than on the street, so the same number of steps wouldn't get you as far. There's only one kilometer difference, so it doesn't matter much.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Garmin Vivofit, and a second hand treadmill that is 3-5 years old I think? (Horizon brand? You'd think I'd remember the name seeing as how I stared at it for an hour and a half today!)

VivoFit is only a step tracker, it's estimating based on an average step length that's not been calibrated. Rely on the dreadmill.
  • KrunchyMama
    Options
    Awesome thank you!