Favorite meal prep/make-ahead-and-freeze dinners?

Options
I am wanting to make some lunches ahead of time for work and dinners that I can pull out of the freezer and bake/heat up for those busy nights. Any recipes are welcome. Thanks :)

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorites.

3 pounds chopped goat meat
    4 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp black pepper
    6 tbsp. yellow curry powder
    1 large onion
    1/2 onion ( diced )
    1 jalapeno or habanero ( I used *1 * habanero seed and all )
    4 Garlic cloves
    1 large sprig thyme
    4 medium peeled sliced potatoes
    rice ( we used wild rice blend )
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    - Take meat, pepper, 5 tbsp curry powder, 1 large onion chopped, diced garlic cloves, habanero mix in large bowl, cover and marinate for minimum of 24 hours.
    - Take 4 tbsp olive oil and brown meat mixture
    - add 2 cups hot water and bring to simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours ( add water as needed)
    - add thyme, 1/2 chopped onion, 2 more cups hot water and bring to boil
    - once its boiling add potatos, 1 tbsp curry powder and simmer for another 30-60 minutes or until meat is really tender and potatoes are slightly firm.
    - boil rice of choice
    - smother with curry and ENJOY!

*******************************************************************************************************************

2 pounds chicken breast
    1 large bag of frozen or fresh vegetables
    1 bag of brown rice or my preference is wild rice mix
    1 curry powder.
    1/2 cup spicy mustard
    2 TBSP olive oil

- Smother the chicken with the mustard,curry powder, and olive oil bake at 350 until there is no pink in the middle. I like to remove when there is just a slight amount of pink in the middle remove from the oven and cover with foil and let is sit until it cools off. It still cooks it as it sits covered but won't dry out the meat.
    - Cook mixed vegetables
    - Cook rice

Measure everything and place in Tupperware for the week. I use my fist to gauge my serving size so around 1 cup. My wife uses 1/2 cup for her serving size. I like to keep one in the fridge for the next day and freeze the rest. I will take the frozen ones out the night before I leave for work so it is easy to grab and go.