Can anybody plz suggest a good pre workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• joeybrid
    joeybrid Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Anything with 1,3 dimethylamyaline
  • rlvdv1984
    rlvdv1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Jack8d, in razzberry flavor. Mesomorph is bomb and C4 is good.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    this scares me.. this is why i've never had coffee and never had pre-workout.. i would have to rely on it then bottom out...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    this scares me.. this is why i've never had coffee and never had pre-workout.. i would have to rely on it then bottom out...

Do you have an addictive personality? Yes, I love my pre-workout. But if you told me tomorrow I couldn't use it any longer it's not like I'd go through withdrawal and not being able to work out. Do I need it? Probably not. But I love it ha.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    DIY 4-6 g beta alanine, 4-6g citruline, and get your caffeine from wherever.
  • stanmann571
    edited July 2017
    Options
    joeybrid wrote: »
    Anything with 1,3 dimethylamyaline

Don't waste your time or money.

https://examine.com/supplements/1-3-dimethylamylamine/
  • jusldudley
    jusldudley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was taking one from Musclepharm, but would get super itchy on occasion. I also took the Herbalife preworkout, but feel it didn't push enough.

I gave up on the "preworkout" and have been drinking black coffee (instant) before workouts and find I have more energy. Was still wondering if the creatine portion is a necessity?
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    33lrtl9k9crq.jpg
  • stanmann571
    Options
    33lrtl9k9crq.jpg

Underdosed on Beta Alanine and creatine... also overdosed on creatine since I don't want to be running the the toilet when the Beta alanine hits. I prefer to hit the creatine in my post.
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There's a ton of excellent PWO's out there. Go to examine.com and do some homework. They aren't affiliated with any supplement company. They just give you the science and let you come to your own conclusions.

Oh, and always always always stay away from sups with "proprietary" blends.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just put on Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti... those first 10-12 trumpet notes hit... and i'm ready for any workout.
  • JimmyRay_Phi
    JimmyRay_Phi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bsemsvalqabz.png
  • stanmann571
    Options
    bsemsvalqabz.png

See examine.com

Underdosed on beta Alanine and Creatine.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use c4 or coffee. C4 only on lifting days though.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Shots of adrenaline works for me....But so does C4.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    work_on_it wrote: »
    I just put on Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti... those first 10-12 trumpet notes hit... and i'm ready for any workout.

Yep, also always liked the opening rifts of Stranglehold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My goto: A pouch or 2 of fruit snacks (If I'm hungry and/or eat something heavier than starch/sugar-syrup-type food right beforehand, my workout is going to suck and be miserable); electrolyte tablet if a long, very hot ride/run.

5d1kuwiwpeu0.jpg