Reason for my weight Loss

Options
On the left was me at my heaviest 302.8. I always knew I was big so when people (family) would tell me everytime they saw me "man your getting huge" it never bothered me because I'm like *kitten* I been this size. It wasn't until I saw myself on this picture with my girlfriend that we took the night of her birthday that I actually saw what I looked like. I couldn't believe what I saw. If that wasn't a big enough of a shocker to myself, one day as I took my son to eat at mcdonalds he wanted a burger & fry. I bought it for him & he ate all the fries. I said are you going to eat your burger & he said "no sir". I asked him why & his response was "I don't wanna be fat like you". Damn that was a low blow there. That was the kick in my *kitten* that I needed for me to decide to change my life. Picture on the right is me from yesterday July 2, after a good workout at the Gym. I'm currently 277.2 lbs. I have a journey ahead of me but this is a lifestyle change for me & I plan to commit to it, not only for myself but for my 2 Sons & future wife. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys!

btc8fci1nq57.jpg

Replies

• MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing transformation for only 2 months!!!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    theron12 wrote: »
    On the left was me at my heaviest 302.8. I always knew I was big so when people (family) would tell me everytime they saw me "man your getting huge" it never bothered me because I'm like *kitten* I been this size. It wasn't until I saw myself on this picture with my girlfriend that we took the night of her birthday that I actually saw what I looked like. I couldn't believe what I saw. If that wasn't a big enough of a shocker to myself, one day as I took my son to eat at mcdonalds he wanted a burger & fry. I bought it for him & he ate all the fries. I said are you going to eat your burger & he said "no sir". I asked him why & his response was "I don't wanna be fat like you". Damn that was a low blow there. That was the kick in my *kitten* that I needed for me to decide to change my life. Picture on the right is me from yesterday July 2, after a good workout at the Gym. I'm currently 277.2 lbs. I have a journey ahead of me but this is a lifestyle change for me & I plan to commit to it, not only for myself but for my 2 Sons & future wife. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys!

btc8fci1nq57.jpg

Wow! Children can be just a bit too honest sometimes :/

Congratulations on losing so much already! :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Amazing! This will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Good luck with your journey!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Man! Great job so far. Keep up the good work!
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Congratulations! Pictures at your heaviest weight can make you cringe. I know mines do lol
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    theron12 wrote: »

btc8fci1nq57.jpg

Wow! Children can be just a bit too honest sometimes :/

Congratulations on losing so much already! :)

At least your son was polite about it sir!
  • theron12
    theron12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Pictures at your heaviest weight can make you cringe. I know mines do lol

I know right!!! Yikes! Lol
  • theron12
    theron12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Very inspiring. Build those good habits and be prepared for life to throw you curve balls regularly. How you manage those will ultimately determine your long-term success.

Also, setting a good example for your son in important. Depending on his age, maturity level and general personality you may want to start talking to him about how you're adjusting your diet and that you nor he have to give up hamburgers (or any specific food) to be healthy. You just have to eat the right quantity for your age and size. Good luck and keep it up!
  • MariEverAfter
    MariEverAfter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! so proud of you! Hope you keep this amazing change on your life :)
  • mandyrene21
    mandyrene21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You can do this!
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Man keep that outstanding work going, looking forward to seeing future progress...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    With what you're doing, you're becoming an amazing role model for that young man. Keep on improving yourself in all ways as you are, and you'll improve all of our futures by making him & his friends better and stronger men.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @theron12 hasn't logged in since September 1. Perhaps he's doing well.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, looking great
  • AriyahIsrael
    AriyahIsrael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome gains