Water Fast Challenge

Options
bestrong402
bestrong402 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2017 in Challenges
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking about starting a water fast for over a year now and I finally think I'm ready to give it a try. I don't know how long I want to do it but I will go at it one day at a time. If anyone is interested in joining me with this journey, I'd love to have a buddy :)

Replies

• Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're careful and not exercising hard during your fast.

Good luck and just listen to your body when it's time to stop. You should also speak with a doctor to have someone watching over you if you're planning on doing a longer one.
  • bestrong402
    Options
    Thank you so much. I appreciate your advice and it is indeed something I will do with supervision and stop when my body falls too weak.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Why are you considering starving yourself?
    Water only is starving.
    Why would you do this? Instead you could eat a moderate healthy balanced diet and lose weight over time.
  • lvlagnumJack
    lvlagnumJack Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Do what you want, Fasted 4.5 days and was completely fine.
    Just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.
    Look up the benefits of 3 day water fasting. Religions have been doing it for years.
    It is also a way to rid the body or damaged cells.
    There are plenty of people who swear by it.
    Anything over a week starts to get questionable.
    People start to freak out. There was a guy that did it for over a year.
    Just remember you are kind of starving yourself.
    But years ago, I am sure people went at least a week, a month without food.
  • bestrong402
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I wasn't considering doing it for longer than 10 days. I am not doing it for dietary reasons. I need the mental and spiritual control to reach some of the goals I have set for myself that keep getting delayed. I just need to shift my focus and believe it will help me regain this control that I lose three years ago. Appreciate your comments :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There was a guy that did it for over a year.
    Just remember you are kind of starving yourself.

:huh: :noway:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.