Under bust smaller than waist, anyone?

Options
fiat70
fiat70 Posts: 5 Member
Even when I was super skinny 20 year old, my rib cage and under bust measurement was smaller than my waist. I guess I'm a ruler/column shape? Anybody else with underbust smaller than waist?

Replies

• MazzyToday
    MazzyToday Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This may be stupid, but wouldn't that be a pear shape? Waist bigger than chest?

I thought ruler shape would require you to have equal measurements at the hips, waist, and bust---straight up and down like a ruler.
  • fiat70
    fiat70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought pear shaped ladies have a small waist and smaller bust. My bust and hips are the same and my shoulders are lil bigger. It's sooo much "fun" to shop for dresses
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    MazzyToday wrote: »
    This may be stupid, but wouldn't that be a pear shape? Waist bigger than chest?

I thought ruler shape would require you to have equal measurements at the hips, waist, and bust---straight up and down like a ruler.

That would be an apple shape if a waist is wider than hips and ribcage
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    fiat70 wrote: »
    Oh I thought pear shaped ladies have a small waist and smaller bust. My bust and hips are the same and my shoulders are lil bigger. It's sooo much "fun" to shop for dresses

I am pear shaped and had to buy new shirts today. The store mostly carried low V-neck, lace-up in front, very low cut collar designs (current fashion trend?). This is not flattering on a non-busty woman such as myself. Plus the shoulders were tight or the fabric cut into my armpits. Took my an hour to find two tops that fit. Shopping is a nightmare.