Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CICO/Thermodynamics/Insulin- discuss!!

Options
theledger5
theledger5 Posts: 63 Member
Read this article and a few others after a FB discussion on losing weight. I am confused now that losing weight is not just about CICO. Discuss!

https://www.dietdoctor.com/first-law-thermodynamics-utterly-irrelevant

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Firstly, I'm not trying to bash anyone for how you've lost your weight. That's the last thing I want anyone to see this as.

But just because you lose a lot of weight doing something, doesn't mean what you did was efficient or the best way. And losing a lot of weight and doing a little research doesn't instantly make you a Nutrition expert.

I just hate how on here it's ALL about CICO when there are a lot more things that effect FAT LOSS.

Edited: to explain what I mean by there are a lot more things that effect fat loss; hormone levels (testosterone, estrogen, insulin, growth hormone), stress levels, types of food you're eating (macro split)

For the obese and insulin resistant maybe. For the rest, not so much. Interesting that you mention hormones but never mention hunger/satiety hormones, ghrelin and leptin which are probably more significant that most.

And this.