Bubble wrap knee!

Options
Hi
I've got an awful noise coming from my knee when I do squats or lunges etc... It sounds like popping bubble wrap or rice krispies lol

I have a malrotation of my femur which has put my knees out of place. I've had a few ops to try and correct this but my quad strength is rubbish (they cut through them) and this is needed to keep the kneecap in place.
It doesn't hurt anymore than normal but this noise can't be good... Any one had something similar?

TIA

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you...

why is your first though to task a forum full of COMPLETE STRANGERS about this???

The doctor with medical problems is the safest and most wise decision.

(I'm not a doctor - and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express- but usually no pain- no doctor- I don't care what it sounds like unless it's making pain- but that's not really the best course of action-which is why you go see a doctor instead of asking *kitten* like me)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i was also told no pain no doctor and that crunching sound is ok . My knees crunch when they are cold, once i warm them up and keep them warm, the crunching goes away. I wear tight knee sleeves to keep them warm and compressed, that helps me a lot.