Hello from Kansas!

Options
Hi! my husband and I just started using MFP. Both of us have some weight to lose, and just generally want to get healthier.
I found myself getting heavier and heavier over the last 6 months, and it's making me sick. Literally, sick. I am now taking meds for my blood sugars, as I am pre-diabetic. I have PCOS and Fibro and I'm hoping that losing weight will help with the pain.
I am 38 years old and I am determined that I will not have health issues like other people in my family. I don't want to have a heart attack at 45, or be worried about diabetes for the rest of my life! We have 8 year old twins that we want to be around for for a long time!
My goal is to lose at least 80 pounds. It seems kind of daunting, but I know that I can do it.
My husband has to run a mile and a half at work that is timed in order to get promotions every year. We don't want him to miss out on that, but mostly, we want to be able to keep up with the kids. We are starting a c25k program too and have joined a gym to be able to do other exercise. Friends are always welcome.
So, I guess here's to getting healthier!