dairy

Options
Just wanted to share what I found out about myself. My doctor had told me that I had IBS and told me to take benefiber in the morning and myralax at night. This didn't make my bad stomach cramps go away. Then one night after eating 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, my stomach pains got worse and I was in and out of the bathroom all night long. I could eat ice cream occasionally though and it not have that effect. Sometimes it occurred after a bowl of cereal with whole milk, but sometimes it didn't. I bought vegan cheese and am not drinking an assortment of milk ranging from cashew milk, oat milk and almond milk etc. I only have ice cream on occasion and only 1/2 cup. I don't use the benefiber and myralax anymore. I have come to conclusion it isn't IBS. If it was, then taking dairy out wouldn't have solved my problem. I haven't had dairy in over a month now and no stomach pains.

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have also cut out dairy except my skim milk with my coffee (I just can't do without). I track my calcium in here to make sure I get enough. A women's multi helps.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    So your doctor never considered you might be lactose intolerant? Geez, I'd be looking for a new doctor.

I'm glad you were able to figure out for yourself how to eliminate the problem without having to take extra fiber and a laxative every day!