17,000 calorie challenge

Options
sawguoyi923
sawguoyi923 Posts: 23 Member
As you can tell from the title, this might not be the healthiest of "challenges", but i recently just got off a 30 day diet (cut), and want to have a blow out. Please do add me as a friend, so you can see how insane that is going to be! Wish me luck LOL

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    As in you're going to consume 17,000 calories in a day? When is this happening? Post it here! Updates, pictures of the food (not the vomit afterwards). :laugh:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    As in you're going to consume 17,000 calories in a day? When is this happening? Post it here! Updates, pictures of the food (not the vomit afterwards). :laugh:

Or the toilet bowl...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So you cut for 30 days and your goal is to gain 4 pounds of fat in a night.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Yeah cause that will happen... haha
  • usmcmp
    Options

Going by the numbers if the OP hits the goal that's about what would happen. That's not even counting water, glycogen, and waste.
  • Rammer123
    Options

Going by the numbers if the OP hits the goal that's about what would happen. That's not even counting water, glycogen, and waste.

You said fat; glycogen, water and waste has nothing to do with anything.

OP will not put on 4 pounds of fat in 1 day with a 14,000 calorie surplus.
  • usmcmp
    Options

And how do you think can someone eat that large of a surplus and not store it as fat. Magic?
  • Rammer123
    Options

And how do you think can someone eat that large of a surplus and not store it as fat. Magic?

I'm not saying they would not put on some fat. Not 4 pounds like you've proposed they would.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I'm not saying they would not put on some fat. Not 4 pounds like you've proposed they would.

How would they magically not store 14,000 extra calories? If we assume that the studies are still fairly accurate and 3,500 calories is a pound of fat then 14,000 extra calories would be 4 pounds. Where are the extra calories going if not to fat (ignoring thermic effect of food)? Are you assuming your body would just not digest and absorb all of the calories at that massive of a surplus?
  • Rammer123
    Options

How would they magically not store 14,000 extra calories? If we assume that the studies are still fairly accurate and 3,500 calories is a pound of fat then 14,000 extra calories would be 4 pounds. Where are the extra calories going if not to fat (ignoring thermic effect of food)? Are you assuming your body would just not digest and absorb all of the calories at that massive of a surplus?

Yes
  • usmcmp
    Options

Yes

Got any sort of studies that show the body can only absorb a certain amount of calories? I mean, our digestive systems don't stop digesting a couple of hours after eating and food stays in our bodies for several days breaking down different ways through the digestive tract, so it's not like there's a shut off.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I feel like its gonna be a pizza fest!!! eat some for me!!
  • Rammer123
    Options

Yes

Got any sort of studies that show the body can only absorb a certain amount of calories? I mean, our digestive systems don't stop digesting a couple of hours after eating and food stays in our bodies for several days breaking down different ways through the digestive tract, so it's not like there's a shut off.

I've read the studies, there are plenty and it's pretty common knowledge for anyone that's even been curious about overeating and how it effects your body.

There's also a guy on YouTube who eats MASSIVE amounts of food and does not gain fat the way you are saying he would. He'll eat 40,000/50,000/60,000 calories in a couple days and do a couple bike rides and lifting sessions. Even if he was burning 15,000 over the two days (which I'm sure he's not as he's a pretty small guy) he most definitely did not put on 10-13 pounds of fat.
  • usmcmp
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yes

I've read the studies, there are plenty and it's pretty common knowledge for anyone that's even been curious about overeating and how it effects your body.

There's also a guy on YouTube who eats MASSIVE amounts of food and does not gain fat the way you are saying he would. He'll eat 40,000/50,000/60,000 calories in a couple days and do a couple bike rides and lifting sessions. Even if he was burning 15,000 over the two days (which I'm sure he's not as he's a pretty small guy) he most definitely did not put on 10-13 pounds of fat.

So no studies you're going to share. I know there's a "theoretical" upper limit often stated as about 20,000 calories. Fat gains (just like fat loss) don't look linear and absorption rates vary through the entire digestive tract. The YouTuber is not remotely proof (it's the banana chick's boyfriend isn't it, they've been debunked multiple times).

ETA: The calories lost through urine and fecal matter (because the body does not use a small percent of the food) is already accounted for in the calorie labels.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Yes

So no studies you're going to share. I know there's a "theoretical" upper limit often stated as about 20,000 calories. Fat gains (just like fat loss) don't look linear and absorption rates vary through the entire digestive tract. The YouTuber is not remotely proof (it's the banana chick's boyfriend isn't it, they've been debunked multiple times).

ETA: The calories lost through urine and fecal matter (because the body does not use a small percent of the food) is already accounted for in the calorie labels.

I *think* PP is actually referencing Eric The Electric who is a cyclist and powerlifter who does excessive eating challenges (he's done up to 60k or so previously that I'm aware of) on his YouTube channel. He has a past with disordered eating (that he is honest about) that makes me wonder about his methods though :/
  • usmcmp
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Yes

I *think* PP is actually referencing Eric The Electric who is a cyclist and powerlifter who does excessive eating challenges (he's done up to 60k or so previously that I'm aware of) on his YouTube channel. He has a past with disordered eating (that he is honest about) that makes me wonder about his methods though :/

That's a bit concerning. I know a few YouTubers who claim to eat massive amounts of food while not gaining, but then people close to them end up outing them for disordered behaviors such as extreme fasting, purging, and over exercising.
  • sawguoyi923
    Options
    Guys!! Calm down, its all for fun and all good. I'll be doing it for just fun, not a daily thing!
  • sawguoyi923
    Options
    And for people wanting pics and updates of how it went. Be sure to check back on saturday, or sometime later in my youtube channel. (Wont promise there wont be puke tho
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    @sawguoyi923

Did you explode?