Vivo Smart HR Steps

Options
nelja
nelja Posts: 282 Member
Hi

I have a garmin vivo smart hr watch,which records my steps.But I think it estimate too much for the steps.I walk average 7200 steps per day.How much estimated calories will that be?My watch says over 1000 cals.

Replies

• upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It isn't the steps, it is the Heart rate monitor that is estimating calories. Turn off heart rate

edit, Mine was ridiculous too. Like 700 calories for walking 3000 steps and my heartrate was always high because it slips on my wrist a little or it leaves a rash. Read on their support forum to turn of HR monitor
  • nelja
    Options
    that make some sense,because I am having trouble with a high heart rate.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You're both wrong I believe (I may be wrong too :lol: I am on a Garmin FR35 which is fantastic btw)

The calories shown on the watch itself are inclusive of your BMR (Calories burned at rest)

Therefore my watch often shows 2,500 calories a day where I walk 10,000 steps. Or 1800 BMR plus 700 step calories.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    No, I am not wrong, it was just plain wrong with HR on. I understand the calories are inclusive of BMR, but there is no way that on a day I walk 3000 steps I can eat 2800 calories and a day I walk 10000 steps I can eat 8500 calories. I would go out and walk a few thousand steps and the calories I could eat would go up almost a calorie a step. If I would have gone by that calculation I would be gaining tons of weight. Your garmin may be working right, but there is a definite flaw in the vivosmart HR
  • nelja
    Options
    the watch hr rate is correct,because when I wear the heart rate strap when I cycle,the 2 differ no more than 5 beats.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    Hi

I have a garmin vivo smart hr watch,which records my steps.But I think it estimate too much for the steps.I walk average 7200 steps per day.How much estimated calories will that be?My watch says over 1000 cals.

is this the vibosmart hr+ ?

i have that too. i worked all day yesterday and did about 9000 steps. it only added about 200 calories to my daily allowance?!
    maybe you need to get yours checked out? The watch that is