Looking for a fitness friend

Options
esperanzab93
esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
Hi there folks! I am looking for fitness friends! I love motivating people and am also on a fitness journey myself!
A little about me.... I found myself in October of 2016 at 205 pounds and extremely unhappy. At 5'4" thats obviously not a good weight. I had a 10k run planned for February and was so unready. I started watching a lot of videos of weight loss motivation and by the run, I had lost fifteen pounds. Now, by July, I have lost another 20. At about 175, I still need to lose about 20 more. If anyone wants me to be an encourager for them, I sure will. Or if you just want someone to be on the journey with.
Fitness is my passion. I have felt the effects of being overweight,, and the depression and isolation. I have also felt the benefits of losing it and going through the struggle to be who I want to be.

A couple rules. First, women only please....

I am here for motivation. I am not a troll, and I do not ask for pictures. 0. Zilch. Nada. I hate it when people ask for them. But I do recommend you take pictures to compare for yourself. You are going to want to see yourself losing the weight. :)

Also, I do - not - recommend diet plans. Nope. I can talk to you about the things I have tried and how I got to where I am. But you've got to decide that for yourself. See a nutritionist if you can. They are really good.

And, please no misuse of this. You will be blocked. I am not here for anything inappropriate. The responses that I choose to accept will be given my number to text. But I do not give or request any personal info such as address, state that I live in, etc. I do not wish to be stalked or creeped on please!! Sorry if I seem paranoid.

So there ya have it folks! Let the motivation begin!

Rachael B

Replies

• shagenit2
    shagenit2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel how are you? I'm looking for a fitness friend. It's time to get serious...I would love to lose 30 pounds.
  • SH0985
    SH0985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, Rachel!

I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. About a month ago, I looked in the mirror and I did not like what I saw, and so, I'm doing what I can to make this work. I've tried it before and lost interest easily, mainly due to lack of support. I've managed to lose 1.7 pounds so far in about two weeks and I'm hoping that's just the start.

:)
  • Jells73
    Jells73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to this app, need some motivation.
  • esperanzab93
    esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To all of you, yall can email me at esperanzab93 @ gmail . com. I will try to be encouraging as I can :):):)YOu are all winners cause you are trying :) Thats a lot better than the ones still sitting on the couch! :wink:
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Want to lose 10lbs in the next 3 weeks :)
  • lbjmd
    lbjmd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    I need so much motivation..its pathetic. I just tried to do my first Total Gym workout challenge. Quit 22 minutes into it, and just want to go back to bed and sleep for 2 hours. Pls help.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hi there folks! I am looking for fitness friends! I love motivating people and am also on a fitness journey myself!
    A little about me.... I found myself in October of 2016 at 205 pounds and extremely unhappy. At 5'4" thats obviously not a good weight. I had a 10k run planned for February and was so unready. I started watching a lot of videos of weight loss motivation and by the run, I had lost fifteen pounds. Now, by July, I have lost another 20. At about 175, I still need to lose about 20 more. If anyone wants me to be an encourager for them, I sure will. Or if you just want someone to be on the journey with.
    Fitness is my passion. I have felt the effects of being overweight,, and the depression and isolation. I have also felt the benefits of losing it and going through the struggle to be who I want to be.

A couple rules. First, women only please....

I am here for motivation. I am not a troll, and I do not ask for pictures. 0. Zilch. Nada. I hate it when people ask for them. But I do recommend you take pictures to compare for yourself. You are going to want to see yourself losing the weight. :)

Also, I do - not - recommend diet plans. Nope. I can talk to you about the things I have tried and how I got to where I am. But you've got to decide that for yourself. See a nutritionist if you can. They are really good.

And, please no misuse of this. You will be blocked. I am not here for anything inappropriate. The responses that I choose to accept will be given my number to text. But I do not give or request any personal info such as address, state that I live in, etc. I do not wish to be stalked or creeped on please!! Sorry if I seem paranoid.

So there ya have it folks! Let the motivation begin!

Rachael B

Friend me... I'm not a troll either. Just need motivation to stay on track
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    I lost 16-19 lbs in the past year and a half
    ..slow and steady for me. I gained about 4 lbs in the past week...stress eating... family events..fast food and my nemesis...ice cream!!!!
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    I'm in! Want to lose 10lbs in the next 3 weeks :)

At least 5-10 for me....been on McDonald's binge...need to prep more at night
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    Friend me orvtell me how to friend on this site
  • tcbmabels
    tcbmabels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I’m new to this and started my WL Journey in September at 200lbs. I am now at 186, my goal (right now) is 160. I will revisit that when i reach my goal. Any and all help is appreciated. Sometimes i forget to log.