Trampoline excercise?

Options
SCP0914
SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
Does anyone here excercise on a trampoline? If so, how beneficial is it? And what's your routine?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »

It's not as many calories as people hope, IMO
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a trampoline fitness class for a couple months now and I seriously love it!! I am fortunate my area has a trampoline park that offers professional classes but if you have a trampoline and just want to try it you could totally make your own routine.
    For my class everything is time based instead of number so you donas many as you can in a minute and we repeat everything once. Some of our exercises are:

Plank jacks: start in a plank then bounce your feet out wide and then back together then bounce your hands out and together. Be sure to keep your core tight!

Flutter kicks: lay on your back raise your legs out straight in front of you and scissor kick them up and down. The bounce of the trampoline is going to work against you so again engage your core.

Squat jumps: get into a squat then keeping your chest the same height bounce only your legs up and down. Keep your squat and stay balanced.

Push ups: good old fashioned push ups because why not :P

Jumping lunges: either step down into a lunge or try bouncing in your lunge enough to switch legs. This one is hard to explain... its lunges but bouncy because... trampoline lol.

Jumping jacks and star jumps boost cardio.

A really silly one I don't even have a name for: sit down with your feet straight in front of you clasp your hands together. Just using your sides and keeping your legs straight try to bounce yourself in a circle moving first one way then the other.

There are tons of other exercises we do and I can give you more if you are interested but I highly recommend trampoline work outs! They are so much fun great cardio and give my joints a break because of the low impact :) hope this helps :)
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm definitely going to give it a go and try out some of the moves you described, victory68!
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Glad I could help :) hope u have fun!