Women who have lost the last 10lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    When I go from being fluffy to defined, it's usually about a 5 lb difference BUT I do have a decent amount of muscle and even when I'm fluffy, my body fat percentage is not too high. For me, losing 5 lbs is tedious and painful but it can make all the difference.

Great, thanks! Is there anything specific you need to change or amp up in order to get rid of that fluff or is it just a matter of doing what you normally do but more consistently?

Sometimes I need to reduce volume of training, but I have a low TDEE so when I cut things get...rough. I really keep my training as high volume and/or high intensity as I can, with about a gram or a little less of protein per pound of body weight daily. I have to eat 1200-1500 to lose, so I have one re-feed day with higher carbs that kind of helps me from going crazy. This is all anecdotal and personal though.

I think my biggest piece of advice is to track your weight with a scale, but don't get too discouraged by slow or little loss. When you're relatively lean, a pound makes a big difference and a pound can also take awhile to lose. Also remember your cycle. If you START a diet or a cut right before your period, you are not going to see that progress show up on the scale for awhile. Plus it's just physically harder to start cutting calories at that time. That's why I always wait until the period is about over.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Omg I love "fluffy" as a descriptor.

I'm on the last 12, have been here before and given up. If I don't exercise, my daily calorie goal is about 1000 calories to lose 1 lb a week-- rough. I no longer care if I go a couple hundred over, for sanity; I just have to be patient and work out more consistently. I also have to cut out almost all garbage from my diet; this week I celebrated my birthday 3 times with different loved one groups, so of course I partook in dessert, but other than that I'm getting stricter and stricter on what I eat and how. I don't feel deprived and I'm still losing, but gone are the days I could throw in a bit of cardio and shed weight like crazy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!