Fitbit sleep tracking

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
Not sure if this is the right area in the forum to post and ask this??? But..... can anyone explain to me how to read the sleep tracking properly? How much is normal of each? I have a charge 2 and it shows consistently since I got it last week for the most oart most of my sleep is light and then R.E.M., deep and awake are all very similar daily? What is good?

Replies

• lin7604
    Options

Fitbit sleep tracking

lin7604lin7604 Member
    July 5, 2017 12:33PM in General Diet and Weight Loss Help
    Not sure if this is the right area in the forum to post and ask this??? But..... can anyone explain to me how to read the sleep tracking properly? How much is normal of each? I have a charge 2 and it shows consistently since I got it last week for the most oart most of my sleep is light and then R.E.M., deep and awake are all very similar daily? What is good?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you go into the sleep goals (I think, it's been a while since I turned my HR reading off on my Blaze so it no longer tracks sleep that way) and look at the 30 day averages, it will show you what range is considered normal for each stage for your age/gender.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I haven't been impressed with the sleep tracker. So far it's said I was asleep while reading and doing yoga. :expressionless:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I find the sleep tracking interesting but beyond changing the time I go to sleep and wake up there is not much I can do about it.
  • lin7604
    Options
    x7p7z00vq9w6.png.
  • lin7604
    Options
    oon034a1ny7q.png
  • lin7604
    Options
    I always seem to adjust my times daily as it seems to start logging my goal times.. 10-7, but half the time I don't fall asleep till later and when I wake up, I may not actually get out of bed till later and it doesn't stop tracking till I actually move out of bed, lol. Besides that I find that when it shows I'm awake it's accurate but it doesn't show it long enough cause I can be laying there looking at the clock for 2 hrs but it shows me going on and off into a light sleep. Which I'm not staring at the clock lol
  • lin7604
    Options
    Aww thx for the group !!!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    My charge hr has shown me asleep while out on a brisk walk! I usually put on the flex for sleep and tap it into sleep mode,its a bit more accurate but still not 100%