Couch to 5K app for android??

Options
Sonj1973
Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
Hi there....I really wanted to try the couch to 5K, but I can't afford an IPhone to get the app. I have an android phone and was curious if anyone knew of an app out there that I could use to get me going.. Thanx :)

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run! has a couch to 5k app for the android. Only one I know of off-hand, but I suspect there are more.
  • Sonj1973
    Options
    Thanx hun I'll check it out :)
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the NHS Choices website. Not android, but there are a series of mp3 podcasts which you can download. They take you through the programme stages.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The guys that wrote the iphone app also wrote an android version. (And zombie versions for both platforms too)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.active.aps.c25k&hl=en_GB

If you don't want to pay the £1.49 for it there are some free ones too.

There are also various podcasts which use the music tempo to get you moving at the right pace.

Lots of resources listed on the c25k website - www.c25k.com
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I use the NHS Choices podcasts mentioned above with the BeyondPod podcatcher. There are some associated maintenance podcasts and some strength and conditioning ones as well.

I've listened to the conditioning ones although I haven't used them, and they seem pretty good as complementary exercise. There's no need for an app.

An alternative would be Runkeeper, that has some 5km training plans.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    There are loads of C25k apps for the android. Just type C25K into Google play and it will bring up a list of them - many are free. I have Zombie Run which is great.
  • Sonj1973
    Options
    Thanx everyone that's great I'll check them all out.....better get myself some good running shoes :D
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Type in c25k in the search in the market. There are a few of them that are free.