Brightline Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Curious that we only ever hear stories about people loving these types of programs being 10,15 or 20 days in. Why do we never hear testimonials from people on their 794th day...

You probably don't hear from most people on any diet plan after 2 years, because once they have gotten over the initial part of needing support and get the hang of things, it becomes second nature to them, they don't have questions, they've hit their goal, and/or they've probably found a smaller cohort group with whom to interact. The majority of people using MFP taper off in terms of forum participation after the initial period as well, for the same reasons.

i dunno. im still here, 5 years later and 100 pounds lighter lmao. glutton for punishment i suppose.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Curious that we only ever hear stories about people loving these types of programs being 10,15 or 20 days in. Why do we never hear testimonials from people on their 794th day...

You probably don't hear from most people on any diet plan after 2 years, because once they have gotten over the initial part of needing support and get the hang of things, it becomes second nature to them, they don't have questions, they've hit their goal, and/or they've probably found a smaller cohort group with whom to interact. The majority of people using MFP taper off in terms of forum participation after the initial period as well, for the same reasons.
    i dunno. im still here, 5 years later and 100 pounds lighter lmao. glutton for punishment i suppose.

Right, but I agree that the majority of new posters do not stick around.

@kgeyser do you have stats on how many forum participants there are total? (As opposed to total MFP members.)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Or the diet didn't deliver and they've eaten it all back and thrown in the towel. There's always a diet that promises to be the secret sauce and put you right in the sweet spot with your weight for the rest of your life. If that were true, there would be more than the actual 5% of dieters that within 5 years are able to maintain the weight loss.

Congratulations, callsitlikeiseeit.