Diet Plan(s) - What Works Best?

Options
2»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What works for everyone is developing a routine that works for you (this is the hard part) - this will include a long process of identifying behaviors that don't suit your goals and replacing these with habits that support your goals. A key point is learning the difference between true hunger signals and eating out of habit/boredom.

Personally mine was getting back to a routine that prioritizes exercise. All the rest is calorie counting.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I find a high candy diet plus exercise works for me. Basically calorie counting.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think people have been successful based on all sorts of macro breakdowns, so whatever macro ratio religion you believe in which also achieves a caloric deficit is likely to be fine. I tend to be more high carb, though.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    The only plan that works is eating a little less than you require to maintain your current weight. That's literally the only way. If you're an otherwise healthy adult (no diabetes, PCOS etc) no special way of eating is going to get you there any faster.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW since 2013 and lost -169#. It works for me because it's easy to count the points WWers assigns to food. Basically same as counting calories but with a support system if in person weigh in, meting and online support.

Paying WW Inc a monthly fee just reminds me that I'm paying money so I better follow the program! LoL

You CAN. Eat whatever you want but you have to track the points and practice portion control.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I'm doing the Military Blood Type keto grapefruit detox diet.
    I haven't lost much weight, but gained a lot of woos.

A

Well d'uh. That's because you haven't sprinkled ACV onto the grapefruit. Rookie mistake.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    IIFYM whilst struggling to hit my protein macro almost daily. I suck at protein.
  • all_kinds_of_trouble
    all_kinds_of_trouble Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Matching calories to outcomes (restriction to cut weight, increase to gain mass) + strength training (regardless of gender) + consistency (form habits)
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For 11 days I did the right thing (well I think). The goal is 1560 calories net. I go cycling 30-45m per day @ accounting for 300-450calories more . I weight almost everything... for example a potato I will dispose what weights more than 150g. Result after 11 days; 0lbs lost. I am a bit surprised as I lost 85lbs 6-7 years ago. I hope that it is because of water retention as I stopped drinking alcohol (I enjoyed 2-3 bottles a week for quite a while).