199lbs

Options
Griath
Griath Posts: 13 Member
I just broke the 200 barrier today.
This time last year (on the back of a family holiday, needless to say it was all inclusive!) I weighed 261lbs, or 18 and a half stone (because I'm an awkward Brit). This is the most I have ever weighed in my entire life.
This morning I step on the scales just under a year later to find out I'm 14st 3lbs. This is the least I have ever weighed since 12/13 years old. I feel great and can no longer wear my shorts as I hoover because they fall down.
Any suggestions on what I can do to celebrate this milestone? (Other than buy new shorts)

Replies

• Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great work.
    I'm also an awkward Brit and my current objective is to get under 17st.
    Been plateaued at 17 2 for nearly two months but I will get there.

I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 so even though the weight isn't dropping I'm changing shape.

Weight is just one of the numbers and I'm not exclusively focussed on that.

Any tips on Plateau Shattering?
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have an idea: Why don't you give yourself the gift of lifelong fitness and buy a decent road bicycle? My road bicycle helped me lose 94 pounds and is almost like a friend. I hope she carries me many miles.
  • Griath
    Griath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love cycling! However, I have a 29er mountain bike ;)
    B3015.jpg
    It's so damn heavy, it forces me to push extra hard uphill!
    Cycling to and from work is a great addition to your day I find (but all depends how far away you live!)

Slatzuk, working out before breakfast I read is meant to burn up to 30% more. Maybe just altering that will bust you out of the plateau, but if you're focused on strength training and muscle building I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!