2»

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Streak running is its own discipline, and I don't totally understand it. My understanding is that most streak runners count 1 mile as enough to maintain the streak of consecutive running days.

I started a run streak on the 1st and am definitely using 1mile as my base, even though I regularly run anything up to a half marathon. For me 5km a day seems a lot, especially if you're not used to it, it took me months to work up to 4km 3-4x a week and then even longer to build my longer run up beyond that.

I am very tempted to do your mile a day for August but I'm also HM training so not convinced it's a good idea...

I don't think streak running is compatible with training for a fast time in a long race. The way the calendar fell, I put 3 miles onto my regularly scheduled rest day once in June, a 2 mile warm up and a 1 mile race on a track. It was the shortest running distance of any running day I had that month, and I was whipped and ready for a rest day after a 13 day running streak. I expect that real streak runners won't be running the volume that I am, and probably won't be doing the volume of speed work that I'm doing in marathon training. But that's okay. Maintaining a streak is a different goal from finishing a marathon or a half marathon fast.

Could I be a streak runner with a minimum of 5K per day? Maybe. But I won't find out, because I like marathon training too much. And with marathon training, I definitely need rest days.

Yeah, I'll maybe find a month when I am not training for something... December maybe...

I don't have my next half until the end of August (only got a race 4 life 5k this month) , no way I'd try the mile a day in August itself, not that I'm in anyway fast, I'm a plodder who Jeffs, for me it's about finishing and being glad that I can after all 2 years ago I was so overweight I needed crutches to get across the room.

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've never went streaking. Seems like it would be freeing & an adrenaline rush.
    I think a real challenge would be a streaking streak and see how long you can avoid going to jail!