Ladies around 40

Options
Hi

Looking for lady friends to help inspire me on MFP

I'm from the UK, North West, 39 and on a get fit mission before 40 hits. I work full time, study and have three kids so things are manic and some pals to help mutually motivate would be fab.
x

Replies

• wutaday1
    wutaday1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I live in the US. I am 38 will be 39 in a few short months. So I am right there with you. Would like to meet my goals and maintain before I am 40.
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm from Canada. I'm 39 , will be 40 in November. Was wanting to get in awesome shape by then it so far it hasn't been going too good.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I hit 40 in November and I log daily!!
  • mcmillantasha1
    mcmillantasha1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Remy, you can add me, I'm 42 from NJ but currently living in Oklahoma.
  • Mads7878
    Mads7878 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep add me happy to be there
  • MrsRemyRoc
    MrsRemyRoc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oooohhh replies :smiley: Many thanks ladies, I have sent you friends requests.
    I hope monday is treating you well. I got to the gym at 6am to find out class was cancelled and I had no swimming stuff so had to slope off. Floppy! Oh well - onwards and upwards hey!
  • lindsay9898
    lindsay9898 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join you please? I will be 38 in a couple of months and the weight has been really piling om me recently. I have put on a 21lbs in this last year and another 14lbs in the previous year. I used to find keeping my weight down relatively easyish but now it is sticking to me like glue and breeding ferociously! I also have polycystic ovary syndrome which doesn't help, gah!!! I have hit 10 stone this week which is 21lbs over my max healthy weight as I am only 4ft 10inches. I really need to get control of my weight or else I am just going to keep gaining and gaining which is a terrifying prospect to be honest. I feel so uncomfortable physically and mentally within my own skin!
  • maochij77
    maochij77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can we be fitness pal buddies? I'm 40 and have 3 kids as well as working full time also. Nights mostly.
  • gillidovew
    gillidovew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sent you request. I m in the Midlands Uk and 38 and trying to reach a few goals before I also get to 40
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You can add me unless you are only looking for people younger than 40? I'm 42 next month and live in the South East.
  • crystalpanek7
    crystalpanek7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 41 going to be 42 very soon. I have grown children. Recently put 30 lb back on that I lost last year. I'm getting back on the wagon and am looking for people to be accountable with.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, married with 4 kids and work full time.
  • kellyshortall
    kellyshortall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey u can add me too...can i join the other ladies too?
    Im 39...2 kids...work (v sedentary job) etc and find it hard to shift the mummy tummy!!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a 42 woman.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Add me, I sent a friend request. I'm a 40 yr old woman from Texas.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    40 here, also from TX
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    40 with 3 teenagers here! I'm a teacher and had a hard time fitting exercise in with a new job this year. Using the summer break to get back in shape!
  • tforbes9103
    tforbes9103 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 43, married with an 8 yr old and also work full-time (sedentary job) in the US. Just started with fitnesspal a few weeks ago so I'm still fairly new to this. I'm finding it hard to get back into exercising after not doing it for so long. It would be great motivation to have more friends on here to help motivate each other. Anyone else that would like to add me please feel free. The more the merrier.
  • MrsRemyRoc
    MrsRemyRoc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Thanks for the wonderful response. I have sent you all Friends invite. You don't have to be 40 exact or under. Just looking for similar ages as we all likely to have similar frustrations, issues and life hiccups! I have a sedentary job also. I've started getting up at 5.45 to get off to the gym or swimming as with three kids and a full time job, it seems to be the only time i can slot a consistent hour in. I'm kinda of all or nothing so get demotivated if i can't keep on it. Looking forward to hearing of all your progress :smile:
  • sezipf
    sezipf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just turned 40 on June 28. I live in North Carolina, USA.