Clothing sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Try a Banana Republic, their trousers tend to be fitted to your shape. I have a tiny waist and big butt, so they don't work for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. The best I've found so far were a pair of Calvin Klein trousers I got at Ross, but even they are a bit more baggy in the legs than I'd ideally prefer. (And I had to go down a size. Mostly an 8 in pants but those are a 6.)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Gaia85 wrote: »
    Try the Loft by Ann Taylor. It has three different types of fit...

Marisa = "Your perfect fit if your hips are proportionate to your waist."
    Julie = "Our curvy fit – your perfect fit if your waist is smaller, but your hips are curvier."
    Zoe = "Your perfect fit if your waist and hips are close to, or the same size."

Ah, I need to try their Zoe. I've tried their Marisa and no-go; didn't know about the Zoe.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    "close stomach to hip ratio" sounds like you need men's trousers.
  • lichn
    lichn Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    (It cut the rest of my post off) specifically, 12s tend to be too tight around my waist but if I go up, the fabric tends to be way too lose around my legs and butt. Looking for brand recommendations from anyone who suffers similarly! Thank you!

I have a similar problem and am about the same size, and I have found work pants from The Gap look pretty decent on me. Banana Republic fits me but makes me look like a fat (fatter than I am) 45 year old secretary, so that's out. I have big hips/butt/belly but then my legs taper off dramatically and I have very thin calves and ankles, it's not an easy shape to fit!
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What kind of work clothing? If you need business dress, NYDJ makes good stretchy trousers that don't look like stretch pants. They're pricey, but if you have a Nordstrom rack nearby you can often find them there.