How to get rid of loose skin after weight loss

Options
So, How do you do it?
I have come a long way. I lost 100 lbs in 8 months and am continuing to maintain my weight at 145lbs at 5' 6". I am really happy with my weight right now but what about all this loose skin? Everyone tells me short of surgery there is nothing that can be done!
Come on folks in this modern society where we can transplant organs, fly to the moon and communicate all over the world instantly through the internet, don't tell me this excess skin can't be shrunk down somehow. J

Replies

• Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am not sure but just wanted to congratulate you on loosing 100 pounds in 8 months!! That takes hard work and dedication!! Way to go!! :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Time.....some of it will shrink back with time but unfortunately my friend surgery is prob the only other option, otherwise women who had kids and got saggy boobs for the trouble would be all over that!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 lbs and have a bit of extra skin on my stomach.

But, 100 lbs in 8 months! That is dangerously fast. No judgement, but I can imagine that your body will need some time to ajust.
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's been a year since the 8 month loss. Still a lot of saggy skin. fortunately most of it can be tucked into pants. Sorry if Too Much Information. But there is no disguising the loose skin in a bathing suit.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    jswigart wrote: »
    It's been a year since the 8 month loss. Still a lot of saggy skin. fortunately most of it can be tucked into pants. Sorry if Too Much Information. But there is no disguising the loose skin in a bathing suit.

I understand and that must suck, to have worked so hard, still a lot to be proud of though. Would you consider surgical removal if there was no other way to get rid of it?
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I understand and that must suck, to have worked so hard, still a lot to be proud of though. Would you consider surgical removal if there was no other way to get rid of it?

Surgery would be too expensive for me. Sometimes health insurance will pay but only if it is health threatening.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

There are so many bathing suit styles...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Since skin is an organ, you can't really reduce it. It may retract a bit more, but you're maybe looking at most an inch or two. At that point, you have 3 choices: get fat again to fill out the skin, remove the skin by surgery, or accept the loose skin.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png