Being curvy

Is it possible to be curvy and have a flat stomach on a vegan diet? Is so how?? Could I achieve it on a vegan ketogenic diet??

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited July 2017
    Body shape has nothing to do with your diet type and everything to do with genetics, and some body building.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Curvy is normally used by overweight women to justify their figure.

A flat stomach means relatively low bodyfat and/or good bodyfat distribution.

I thought curvy meant big boobs and a tiny waist, like an hourglass figure. https://blog.stylewe.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/hourglass-figure-4.jpg
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited July 2017
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    Curvy is normally used by overweight women to justify their figure.

A flat stomach means relatively low bodyfat and/or good bodyfat distribution.

I thought curvy meant big boobs and a tiny waist, like an hourglass figure. https://blog.stylewe.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/hourglass-figure-4.jpg

It's more about proportions: a realtively big bust/bum and smaller stomach. While some overweight women correctly identify their shape, I see tons of differently shaped women call themselves curvy. I do agree with @trigden1991 though that too many people justify their weight with the curvy thing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Comes down to genetics and body fat. Diet has zero impact on your shape.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I thought Kim Kardashian is the new standard for curvy.
  • jgnatca
    You can't diet both vegan and ketogenic at the same time.

Ketogenic is high protein high fat. The top sources for high fat high protein is meat.

Vegan is high veggie carbs high fiber, and hard to find quality protein sources.
  • jgnatca
    If you are within normal body weight I think you would find your best success from strategic dressing.

Invest in quality undergarments.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2017
    What would a vegan on a keto diet even eat?

Edit: it is possible - but very restrictive.

http://ketomotive.com/vegan-ketogenic-diet/

The question is, why? If the goal is to have an hourglass figure, then yes, you can do that as a vegan, and no, you don't have to eat keto.
  • jgnatca
    @rheddmobile beans, avocado and olive oil.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What are your goals exactly? To bulk and put on muscle? To lose fat and build muscle?

And what do you mean by "curvy" ? Like fitness model curvy or Kim K curvy?

Also ya, vegan + keto is really restrictive, if you are trying to bulk like that you are going to have a pretty difficult time. I would not recommend.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    I think it has more to do with body type than anything else.
    My stomach is pretty flat and my butt and legs are thick and curvy, but I have a super small chest. There's not really a work out or diet plan that is going to change that overall shape. Haha.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    I lose weight from the top down, so currently I have baby abs (vertical but not horizontal yet) and hips.
    GraceFitUK I think her name is - she's very thin and actively tries to get a big butt. She has this whole gym routine that allows her to stay extremely thin and curvy at the same time. You could check her out.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    I don't know if you'd call me "curvy", but I'm an hourglass (34-23-34). I do a lot of body weight exercises. Squats, lunges, sit ups, planks, and push ups.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    edited July 2017
    Some people just aren't meant to have the hourglass figure. I am straight down with narrow hips. I have no fat on my waist and even when I was a few lbs below healthy BMI my waist was 27in and hips 29. But some people have a natural hourglass like many of my friends have naturally small waists when they weigh 30lbs more than me and don't exercise lol.