Last meal?

2»

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Ack, this is a sad-filled request. :s Before you were sick, what did you enjoy? That's where I'd start. As a former super morbidly obese person, I can confidently say that I enjoy ALL the things.

However, as a "final" meal, I'd like there to be pasta, potatoes, peanut butter, cheese, fresh baked bread, butter, bacon and burgers. LOL Feel free to combine that *kitten* as you wish.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    All the <3 to you!

Man, I'd have one of everything I loved! A really good cheeseburger and tater tots, my mom's spaghetti, a steak off the Traeger, a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar, chicken chimichanga with a margarita, cherry cheesecake and Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough ice cream.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    I know this isn't this case for you, but for consideration re: you point about enjoying the taste of food but having it immediately voided -

I think you should get that Bar Harbour lobster roll or good sushi and just have a pan nearby ;).

For me, I would want salt and pepper shrimp, Apalachicola oysters, top sirloin steak like you get at a Brazilian steakhouse, crème brulee, pralines 'n' crème ice cream and chocolate cake with buttercream icing.

I hope your family smuggles in something wonderful!

ETA: Fried okra! Thanks to @emmydoodles83 for mentioning that!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Quite the moving thread. I wish you peace and comfort in your path ahead, however long or short it may be.
    Sheds a whole lot of much needed perspective.
    I hope you find the most delicious thing you can tolerate. Mine would be some very rich seafood dish as often mentioned here, with a decadent chocolate dessert
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    My last meal may not suit your tastes but if I were in your shoes I'd have a ribeye cooked rare with a side of Domino's followed by ice cream and my favourite chocolate bars. Take care xx
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    My answer has always been Thanksgiving Dinner, turkey,gravy,stuffing,mashed potatoes,broccoli and cheese casserole, green bean casserole, baked macaroni and cheese, and collard greens! OH and a side of fried okra!
  • Chrisick
    Chrisick Posts: 14 Member
    Oh man, so many good ideas. I still haven't been able to get anytjing yet, but @junodog1 the tasting only might be a really good idea. It will save me a lot of pain and urgh.

@emmydoodles83 thanksgiving! Oh Ialways loved thanksgiving omg. Now that's all I want.

@retro_gamer we aren't really sure. I started having symptoms about seven years ago, but no one thought to check the brain and didn't know how to stop the digestive symptoms, so I just sort of... suffered. And now it's just too late. Too many systms failing, tumor is too something (idk the word offhand) and all that. Buton a lighter note, I do like your idea of eating all the fast food. XD

I'm going to give it a try. I think i'm going to go with thanksgiving food though. Lot of good memoriesd with good thanksgiving food. I hope my mom can do it, she was always very sneaky with bringing food into the movies. :smile:

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited July 2017
    I just want to offer hugs. I hope you find peace and comfort and enjoyment with what you choose.
  • everycontinent
    everycontinent Posts: 5 Member
    Sending you light and love. My son goes to school in Maine so I would be all about lobster rolls and frosted sugar cookies. I agree with the person who suggested chewing for taste and then spitting out. No need to add even more discomfort to your day - hopefully the taste, smell and feel of it your mouth would be enough. I truly hope you get to have a terrific smuggled in thanksgiving July meal with all the foods you love. Xoxo