Advice please

Options
Can anyone help please I am doing slimfast with calories at 1360 but according to bmi and stuff and deficit I should be on 1123 this seems low. I haven't lost anything for 6 weeks, managed to get to 5000 steps but I can't exercise. I need some advice how can I get the scales moving ? xx

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you mean by "bmi and stuff and deficit." Where did you get the calorie goal of 1,123? That is a very low goal.

How are you tracking your calorie consumption? On MFP? If you open your diary, we may be able to help.

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Give us your stats, please.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Well, if you plug in your goals and current weight to MFP, you should get a calorie allowance of no less than 1200.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Height and weight? Or should we guess?
  • 13cyprus
    13cyprus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5ft 6.5" and 14 st 5lb. Sorry went for a walk x
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    What was the 1123 goal based on?

Your BMR is about 1700, and for sedentary lifestyle (referring to your home life, job, hobbies) then you would use about 2125 worth of energy per day. So I am guessing you used an online calculator that came up with something similar, and you get 1123 when you put in 2 pound per week for a weight loss goal. What this tells you is that based on your current activity level, 2 pounds per week is too aggressive.

Its generally accepted that the lowest a woman should go is 1200, as its very difficult to get sufficient nutrition below that. And you may not feel satisfied on 1200. Perhaps allow yourself a 1200-1500 range. Aim for 1200 but if you feel you need more, then allow yourself an extra 300.

What does this mean? You may not lose at the rate of 2 pounds per week. But trying to eat 1100 would probably result in you giving up within a few weeks of trying. While eating 1200-1500 successfully long term increases your odds of actually losing weight.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    PS-accurate and honest food logging AND patience are the keys to getting the scale to move. Though if it has not changed at all in 6 weeks (up or down even a slight amount) then it may be time to get new batteries or even a new scale. Its normal for body weight to fluctuate a little day to day, so staying exactly the same could be a technical error on the scale.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'd abort the Slimfast diet and go for something with high fiber. Chewing is necessary for your emotional well-being (seriously).
  • 13cyprus
    Options
    Thankyou everybody I will it keep at 1360 and aim to eat that knowing I can have extra if needed and see how I get on. Thankyou again
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    13cyprus wrote: »
    Thankyou everybody I will it keep at 1360 and aim to eat that knowing I can have extra if needed and see how I get on. Thankyou again

If you are not losing for 6 weeks you might be eating more than you think. Do you use a digital scale for everything?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am just popping in to say that walking is exercise. Bravo.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You are eating more than you think. Do yourself a favor and get a food scale. Weigh all solids and measure all liquids.
  • 13cyprus
    Options
    Everything is weighed and logged. The only thing I don't weigh in is my water x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    13cyprus wrote: »
    Everything is weighed and logged. The only thing I don't weigh in is my water x

Then i would see a doctor as there is no reason you shouldnt be losing weight on so few calories